web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
NEC Telephones & Systems Jump to new posts
Re: NEC announcement www.telcom1.net 25 minutes ago
I believe ESI and Vertical still have digital premise based systems.

NEC sold out to intermedia, just like Avaya and Mitel sold out to ringcentral. we will never push a product for a company that has no problem selling against us and stealing our customers.

Tadiran has a nice cloud or premise based system, its full IP and they don't sell to the public
10 566 Read More
Avaya - Lucent Telephones & Systems Jump to new posts
Re: IPO Ip phone install Touch Tone Tommy 1 hour ago
While the phone is booting up, you will see "Press * to program", step through the menus to set the Call Server and File Server
9 172 Read More
8.1 loud bell on incoming call jsaad 4 hours ago
Customer needs loud bell to ring, system is old 8.1.85 in basic mode. If I dial the extension directly the loud bell rings. Just not on incoming calls and I am told this is a limitation of 8.1??

Can I switch them over to standard mode and expect the loud bell to ring as part of the incoming hunt group? I want to be sure before I switch it to standard mode?

Thank you.
0 6 Read More
Samsung Telephones & Systems Jump to new posts
AA wont answer SIP Trunk anymore Ashley 8 hours ago
Before we switched over to a SIP Trunk, the analogue call would be answered by the Auto Attendant, but since moving over to a SIP Trunk it appears to just ring straight to Group 500.

I've set Trunk Ringing (3.2.1) all to Group 517 which is set at AA.

I've set DID Ringing (3.2.3) to 517 (this doesn't appear to change anything regardless what i enter)

Am i missing something??

Also the Music on Hold which we use to use a prompt from the AA system doesn't play anymore, use to be able to press Hold on a phone and it would play through the speaker??

So confused!!??
0 12 Read More
Re: IPO Ip phone install teleco Yesterday at 11:53 PM
I"m am DHCP, HOW do I just point the new 1608 to the IP Address of the IP Office from it's admin menu ?
9 172 Read More
Toshiba Telephones & Systems Jump to new posts
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? James D. Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Thank you for the clarification, Carl.
On a slightly different note, is there an expansion available for the DK424/DK424i that would add Ethernet port connectivity to the system?
7 196 Read More
Re: IPO Ip phone install Toner Yesterday at 06:58 PM
If it's like for like then you don't need any programming at all - just point the new 1608 to the IP Address of the IP Office from it's admin menu (if your DHCP options don't already do that).
9 172 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? Carl Navarro Yesterday at 06:21 PM
Let me be clearer:
Back in the day, we used Moxa boards because there was nothing else. Do you own a USB to serial adapter? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+to+serial+adapter&ref=nb_sb_noss

About $5-15 from your favorite supplier. That and an old PC running Windows and Aeroadmin software 900100.net gets you remotely to the box that runs the terminal software to talk to the Strategy. I pay $125 or so a year for my copy of Aeroadmin, but it beats driving 100 miles or more to administer a system when the Raspberry Pi goes stupid.

Aeroadmin is actually "free" for short use. It can be configured to be running all the time and you access it from your local machine running the software. You put in your 9 digit code to connect remotely and provide the password to get in. At the remote PC, it's a setting to allow access.

Carl
7 196 Read More
Re: IPO Ip phone install teleco Yesterday at 06:00 PM
So they only have 8 licenses, 1 IP phone got fried, I need to install a replacement. How do I get the IPO to find the new 1608? I'll use the same extension number. Do I need to delete the user 1st ?
9 172 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? James D. Yesterday at 03:59 PM
We are very happy with our Toshiba DK system and the cost savings it has provided over the past 20+ years.
Like many other small schools we have no immediate plans to update to a subscription based cloud system.

Currently I use a USB modem in a Windows VM to dial into the DK424 using an external phone number!
If I've understood Carl and Newtecky correctly, we might also have the option of dialing an internal extension (7, *, 993) instead?

I just want to eliminate the need for the external analog line we currently use to dial (one of our) external phone numbers into the VM.
7 196 Read More
Re: SL2100 Transfer dans Yesterday at 12:03 PM
You need to look at program 24-09, sounds like it's not set for some or all extensions. The reason AA transferred your call to the user's mailbox on no answer is because of transfer recall, (AA being the extension transferring the call.)

There is no reason for anyone to wait for ring back to complete transferring calls. If there is a DSS key, while on the call press the DSS key and hang up. If no DSS key press the transfer key, dial extension, hang up. To transfer directly to the user voicemail, follow the same procedure but press 8 on the keypad afterwards and hang up, (8 has the letter V for voicemail)
2 85 Read More
Re: SL2100 Transfer Professor Shadow 04/23/24 03:45 PM
I don't know the system but it sounds like it is performing a Supervised transfer. An Unsupervised transfer would then follow the path set to where the receiving extension tells it to go...VM, perhaps.
2 85 Read More
SL2100 Transfer oobie 04/22/24 02:55 PM
I have a site where they direct calls through to the front desk and then she transfers out. When she hits Transfer dials the extension listens for a ring back and then hangs up, it rings to the phone she transferred but then ultimately rings back to her instead of going to that ext. voicemail.

Voicemail is enabled on the extensions she is transferring to. I call into auto attendant and dial ext. directly and if not answered it goes to VM correctly.

Is there some new setting for transfer in the SL2100 programming that I didn't know about.

TIA

Gary
2 85 Read More
Re: Partner Endeavor dexman 04/21/24 03:09 AM
https://www.telephonesalesandsupplies.com/avaya-partner-ii-plus-endeavor-pack

The display looks like it would have been the right size for a 6 button phone. ponder
12 602 Read More
Re: Partner Endeavor dexman 04/21/24 03:05 AM
I remember seeing a Partner system phone that sported a display with wide bezels. I think that was an Endeavor set. ponder
12 602 Read More
Re: NEC announcement Andyreed 04/20/24 07:08 PM
The MiVoice Office 250 / Mitel 5000 is in its final months of sale, I believe.

I believe you can still order digital cards for IP Office, but I believe the digital phones themselves are discontinued. Or at least the 1400 series. Not sure about 9500. IPO server edition is the way forward though, with the 500 V2 serving only as a gateway. I’d imagine this is impractical for small businesses.

But, to Keyset’s point I don’t believe there is a purely TDM system left. Maybe XBlue if you count them.
10 566 Read More
1A2 and Comkey Telephones & Systems Jump to new posts
Re: WE 118A Ring Generator Circuit and components Greg Ercolano 04/20/24 06:13 PM
Following up on this thread, I did just now find a circa 1961 "Bell System Record" document that describes the circuit of a 107-b frequency generator that describes generating 20cps ringing from 115 VAC/60Hz.

Skip to page 23 in this document:
https://telecomarchive.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/docs/bsp-archive/BLR/39-7.pdf

..and find the article called "Static Frequency-Generators For Ringing Power". The term "static" in this context means "no moving parts", as would be the case with a motor-driving-a-generator approach to frequency shifting. This particular design appears to be a ferroresonant design (all passive components; transformers + caps) similar to the TelLabs 8101 schematic I posted earlier in this thread.

There does seem to be a path of revisions that lead to the very compact 118a 30Hz frequency generator (aka. ring generator) we're used to seeing in 551a/b/c shoebox KSUs. The procession I'm familiar with so far is: 107b -> ??? -> 113a -> 117a -> 118a. The latter three were "potted" in a block of plastic, the 107b was (apparently) just a couple of large donut-like wound wires in a partially open metal case with a lot of exposed wiring, presumably to let one configure different frequencies, due to the numerous transformer taps available. In the potted units, the frequency is "fixed" and not adjustable.

Here's pics of the various dedicated ring generators that I've been able to find so far; these pics from worthpoint's archive of previous ebay sales:

117a (30Hz):
[Linked Image from seriss.com]

113a (30Hz):

107b (20Hz):

I have myself a 118a and a 117a, and I /think/ I might have a 113a (can't remember). I can't find much other info on the 107b, such as if it is indeed "configurable" for different frequency outputs.
6 1,232 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? newtecky 04/20/24 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by SSPhone
That was me during the One Ring Telecom days. Even had them listed in my signature on here. But like all my other Toshiba stock I sent them all to the recycling company. Hadn't sold one in years.
All I'm doing these days is hosted solutions from Mix Networks

I remember clicking the link and checking them out, but never had a customer that really needed it. I think I may have mentioned it to a couple of people.
All our Toshiba stuff also went to e-waste. I took a coupe of BCOCIU cards and a couple of ASTU3A processors and a some MIPU cards. Figured someone might need it some day.
7 196 Read More
Re: NEC announcement Carl Navarro 04/20/24 04:37 PM
In the past, I have used Grandstream and Yeastar IP systems for analog lines and extensions.... Still do. However, for the price of a single analog line, I can give a customer 5 or 10 VoIP ports. Grandstream has an 8 FXO/FXS port system UCM6308, or 6304 or 6302 that have 8,4, or 2 sets of ports, but their VoIP phones sell at price points similar to those digital phones on PBX's. Or, skip the wires and use WiFi as in a Grandstream GRP2615 or 16 and all you need is an electrical outlet.

I wonder, has Mitel exited the digital system market yet? A Mivoice office 250 and 5300 series phones might work in a small office. And, A SEARCH ENGINE LIKE DUCK DUCK GO works better than (hack,spit) Google for actually getting results of what you ask for in digital PBX systems.

Carl
10 566 Read More
Re: Partner Endeavor hbiss 04/20/24 04:04 PM
I think you are right, likely the display that was used on the 6 button Partner phones. I never saw an Endeavor phone firsthand. I always sold the regular Partner phones.

-Hal
12 602 Read More
Re: NEC announcement Keyset6 04/20/24 12:23 PM
I wonder, are there currently any new TDM KSUs or PBXs being manufactured and sold these days? When searching recently I didn't come up with any.
Maybe everything is VoIP. I know Grandstream used to have a device with 4 FXO ports. That was ideal for a small installation converting to VoIP but retaining analog CO lines.

Also, in the past some customers owned their phone system, and only pay monthly for CO lines, and on site system service on a time and material basis. Maybe that's no longer an option.
10 566 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? Carl Navarro 04/20/24 01:43 AM
Back in the day, I used to use Moxa Nport 5110's on Panasonic serial ports.

I might have one around somewhere....

They are inexpensive in the secondary market, like you can get a pair for about $60

Carl
7 196 Read More
Re: NEC announcement R4+Z 04/19/24 12:24 PM
We have heard the same thing in OZ!
10 566 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? SSPhone 04/19/24 11:59 AM
That was me during the One Ring Telecom days. Even had them listed in my signature on here. But like all my other Toshiba stock I sent them all to the recycling company. Hadn't sold one in years.
All I'm doing these days is hosted solutions from Mix Networks
7 196 Read More
Re: Accessing Strategy IVP8R2 - Alternatives to Dial-Up? newtecky 04/19/24 03:19 AM
Someone used to sell an RS232 to LAN adaptor that worked with Stratagy. You could try one, but sometimes the voicemail system is a bit touchy. I have had USB serial adaptors that gave me troubles connecting to the voicemail system.

As far as dialup, if you have an analog port on the CIX, then you could use dialup to the voicemail by dialing the voicemail extension. I have done that in a pinch when my serial cable didn't work, or it got left behind. It's pretty slow, but it will work.
7 196 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,354 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,394 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Yoda, www.telcom1.net), 122 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024