web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10379 03/12/06 06:29 AM
i do work in the 5 boros plus parts of new jersey. I've only been asked once for a permit in N.J.
insurance and Workman's comp are basic. when i bid on a job in a bldg i haven't been in before i ask for an example of insurance requirements from the management office.
although i am not a union shop i do have a couple of guys that are cwa available when needed. we recently got into a argument with a building management when they insisted that only local 3 could do work in there building and would not recognize cwa.
what i find funny as thornhill mentioned is when they want to see insurance for your truck. we do have insurance but they want it to be something like $3,000,000 coverage. plus they have no loading dock in the building. i tell them that i will park my van 3 blocks away.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#10380 03/12/06 09:39 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Man, you guys are lucky! I guess here in the land of government, they just never seem to stop coming up with new laws. Well, I suppose that comes with the territory since we are working in the Washigton DC area!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#10381 03/17/06 06:12 PM
TJMCAPS Offline OP
OP Offline
just what I thought, nobody knows. This was such a hot issue at the BICSI northeast meetings a couple of years ago.
Kenny Slocum, I will try that web site.
I agree all I am ever asked for is a COI and workmans comp. Unions in NYC are not as powerful as everyone thinks. There is a way around everything if you put your mind to it.
As a former CWA employee, I found it interesting that local 3 could actually stop a CWA person from entering their building. It's sad to say that considering that 90% of them don't know how to properly run a cat 5e cable.
Besides, I find it's the building management that really has the final say. If they want you in their building, they will get you in. I was hoping that the permit (or license) for low voltage would actually have some teeth to it and finally get rid of the fly-by-nighters who really hurt the image of this business.
I guess I'll stick to getting the RCDD. It seems to be the hot ticket among the larger contractors and NYS jobs.
Tj

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,084 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 148 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024