web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Anyone have any luck with centralized voicemail? It's in a hotel environment, currently they have 2 Covoices, one just kicked the bucket and I lost faith in the Covoice, so I'm looking at my options?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What version level/type are they? What's the connection between them? How many voice mailboxes are we talking about? Is PMS interface a requirement?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
LW 19 with a in-house T1, less than 1000 mailboxes, currently not using PMS interface

I assume you are talking about 2 separate EL's with a T1 tie trunk. If that is the case I think you can do it, but you are going to have to figure out the forwarding and retrieve routing for the PBX where the VMS is not residing.

The express Messenger max's out at about 250 mailboxes.
We've installed several central VMail applications, but we usually shy away from them in the hospitality market. Issues like duplicate exts, pms restrictions, wakeup messages, and the "hokey" method of lighting lamps always seem to be a problem.
Does it work, yes.
Would I reccomend it, no.
Can I help you try it, sure!!!

OP Offline
Thanks Guys,
I figured the set up would be ugly,now I can just say no to the customer with a clear conscience and stick with 2 separate VM. The main EL is Admin and the other is strictly for guest extensions anyway and it's been working well that way for years.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I suppose I'm opening a can of worms here, but why 2 EL's They're capable of what, 690 some-odd devices. Even with 500 rooms and 50 admin stations, you still have room for 2 T1's and a console, smdr, pms, moh and other stuff.
Oh wait, Biltmore Estate? They've got 300? rooms with multiple extensions and now I get it. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Nope,not the Biltmore. It's a large property in the Keys with 4 PRI's 1oo plus Admin, Marina boat slips yada, yada, yada. The Guest switch is pretty much Maxed out with all ONS cards and 2 T1's

Let's trade it out for an SX2000, and you won't need to worry about aboyut seperate interfaces, voicemails, etc. etc.!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,807 Shoretel
188,967 CTX100 install
187,203 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Iwatsu Guru, Toner), 155 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024