web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#109431 03/31/09 03:47 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, well it has a main bay and an expansion bay.
Both have white front covers and I suppose the closest appliance would be a microwave. So it looks like two white microwaves.

As for storage, the main bay has a card in a slot next to the PSU which has a memory card sticking out of it that looks like a PCMCIA flash drive. It may not be PCMCIA, but the form factor is pretty close. The Flash card is labelled SX200 LWN (at least that's what I think it says, it's hard to read the card as most of it's behind the smoked plastic front of the card and the letters LWN are in a silly stylized font that runs the W and the N together.

I was always told it was an analog system. Though it has digital phones I didn't think this was related. My understanding was that digital referred to the ability to interface with digital trunks like ISDN etc.

Nothing is labeled on the system itself and there are no real manuals with it. Just for the console and basic voice mail operation etc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#109432 03/31/09 04:25 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
So I've been looking through different documents and it seems like we have 1 SX-200 ELx cabinet and 1 peripheral cabinet (which looks identical to the main cabinet, but with less connectors on the back).

Sorry for the confusion and newbie mistakes, but I've been thrown in the deep end on this project. I'm doing my best to learn what I need to know but the curve is steep and sometimes being an IT guy works against you as it predisposes you to make assumptions about how something works that might not be true.

#109433 03/31/09 04:56 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Ok, you have the ML/EL series. T1 is usable with one PCB that goes in slot 10 or 11, 5 or 6 must be empty. Depending on what release of software you have, ISDN is also possible. I think johnp can address that much better than I, never have installed an ISDN on a Mitel. john? John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#109434 03/31/09 07:32 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, since we are all analogue here, I've already gone that route. I'm actually not having any trouble with the Mitel yet. But talking to the telco trunks is flaky. Once I get all my lines wired, I'm going to run the line impedance matching on all the lines and hopefully that will sort it out.

While I'm finding out all about our Mitel, is there any way to tell what type of signalling option our DID lines are using by looking at the Mitel DID cards?

What I mean is, we have analogue DID, but I don't know if our telco uses wink start or what to signal the PBX with the DID extension.

Anyway, thanks for all the great feedback and help.

I'll have to do some time in the computer forums and try and contribute back.

#109435 03/31/09 07:50 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
BTW, the card that has the Flash card in it is labeled
MCCIII-ML STRATUM 4 9109-610-001-NA

#109436 03/31/09 08:12 AM
The way to tell how the DID is setup is by viewing the programming forms 13 and 15. If you don't have access, another method would be to use a butt set with a polarity light attached to the circuit. If when going off-hook on the butt set, the polarity light comes on for a second and goes off. Then you are set for wink. If the light stays off then it's likely immediate start. If the light stays on all the time, you leads are reversed, immediate start. I'll let you figure out what happens if the leads are reversed and it's set for wink.

John

#109437 03/31/09 08:12 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
Trying to cram all this telco knowledge hurts my Medula oblongada. ;')

#109438 03/31/09 02:49 PM
Now you know how we feel, and a lot of us have been feeling that way for years smile Seems that either the Mitel is toning out before your box is ready, or your box is toning out before the co is.

To verify where the problem is, connect a test set on the input to your box and dial a local number. If it fails, your box is likely the problem. I find it hard to believe that the Mitel isn't providing all digits. You may need a pause before dialing, I've had to do that on some 3300's when they dialed before the co was ready.

#109439 04/01/09 02:40 AM
KLGIT Offline OP
OP Offline
johnp,

I'm pretty certain there's nothing wrong with the Mitel. My box gets and interprets the tones from the Mitel just fine. I can even see in the logs where it picks up, and interprets the correct numbers from the tones. It's when the box tries to dial out on the CO lines where I'm having trouble.

Hopefully this week I'll get my connectors in (back ordered)and get all my cables built and I'll be able to run impedance matching on all the lines and get it sorted out with that.

If that doesn't do, I'll try some other ideas.

Thanks.

#109440 04/01/09 02:56 PM
My approach would have been to connect to the voip unit via T1 and change the routing in the Mitel to use a list for LD dialing, with first choice thru voip, then via local pots. I would have only setup enough channels on the T1 tie that the voip box could handle.

Kind of a kiss approach, but it's scalable.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024