web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#117377 04/20/06 06:53 AM
OP Offline
hello all. I am new to this board. we are a small somftware company, with a Nitsuko 124i (I think). we lost power a few days ago, and now when we try to dial out its not using touch tone to dial. when I try to getin into program it using #*#* it gives me alternating tones like its unable to connect. anyone have any ideas?

Tony

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

no touch tone or no KEYPAD CONFIRMATION TONE?
CALL 1 #*#* password
possible ( but unlikely) #*#* has been changed.

with power outage, a brown out or spike might of corrupted the CPU.

try resseting sysytem. if still no then thry powering down reseat all cards, if still no then try powering down, pull all cards except for CPU and slot1 (8DSTU)
I suspect there are bigger issues going on here

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
OP Offline
I unplugged and removed the battery for a minute then reinstalled it. I reset all of the cards, nothing different, I pulled all of the cards and left only the CPU and the card in slot one, same problem. when everything was working, as the system was coming back up the SPK light would flash at a slow rate. now when the system comes up, all of the extentions the SPK light flashes normally, and the reception extention (301) SPK light flashes very fast.

do they come up at all or do they stay in system startup?
Sounds like something is definitely hosed, but to make sure try disconnecting all but 1 of the DDk connectors from the board( the blue connectors that go into the card in slot 1.
Sometimes a short can screw things up so by eliminated almost all of the wiring might be able to isolate the problem to something other than a processor.

TouchPoint Networks.

OP Offline
BillFlippen, thank you for the help. so I when out and disconnected all of the DDk connectors except for extention 301. it still had the same problem. the system seems to come up but can not dial. so I powered down and disconnected the one DDk conector to the CPU board. same problem. the I put the little switch that is next to the battery in the other position, put power to it, and it came up and I am able to get into programming and I can make calls. my question now is, what position is that switch suppose to be in for normal operation? and on the boards there are some red LED's that are flashing. and it seems like when I have diconnected the battery the system forgets everything like the time and date. not this time, time and date are correct. now I need help programming so that it will the auto attendant will direct the calls to the extentions.

accpilot,this is a common problem in 24i,system data gets corrupted execpt date & time,try to reprogramm the system through extn 301,just insert all the cards back,& switch on, are u trying to programm the system through pc or extn 301

OP Offline
Hey sudhi, I have all the cards back in, and it seems to be sort of working. they only way we have ever programmed this system is through one of the phones. are you saying that you have to use extention 301 to program? I have been using my phone to program (316), but I am unable to make the auto attendant pick up the calls.

NO you can use any display extension.

That switch should be set to HOT, not COLD, Cold is a way of defaulting the sysytem which sounds like what you just did. what version of software do you have, that determines how to program up the VM. enter programming and the first thing showed is the version number.

TouchPoint Networks.

OP Offline
Hey BillFlippen, thanks for getting back to me. it looks like the version is 1.2R. it seems like I have the VM set up, and when I first got it working the MW light was flashing like normal when there was a message. now I did something and the MW doesn't flash anymore. any ideas?

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024