Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
It seems as if NOBODY has paid attention to what I said right at the start of this thread:
(Yes, I know we can use the telco's VM system-> that is also NOT what I asked...)

Thanks for any USABLE INFO !
you where given "good USABLE INFO " , I really hope your not charging anyone for this , you are doing them no favors whatsoever .

Good Heavens !
I already have the 124i running quite satisfactorily and unless some glaring problem shows up it will be staying; this is not a question.
as a long time "PBX Tech " ( I assume you do know the 124i isn't a PBX ) you should realize something that old is running on borrowed time and is likely to fail at any point

would do the Nitsuko folks a service if they'd just quit discouraging folks who WANT to use this stuff.
you do realize Nituko hasnt existed in a dozen or so year ...but as a long time PBX tech off course you do

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
At least 15 years ago, I sucessfully integrated a Key Voice VM system to a Nitsuko Onyx. It works because the Onyx sends integration digits to the single line port programmed as a VM port and the Key Voice has the mode of waiting for the digits before anything else happens. I probably burned about 16-24 hours making it behave and the customer probably used it for a couple of years before he replaced the system.

Your Rhetorex board is probably a full-length ISA board designed to run under DOS. I would think any modern software, Amanda, my Brickmail :-), or anything that's trainable would do as a starting point. You just need to sit down with the service codes table and start testing. If you can score Amanda software, it will actually run for 3 days in the "demo" mode while you test it. It's not practical to keep rebooting the box every 3 days, but it would give you an idea of how to make a system work.

Carl

OP Offline
Thank You Very Much Carl.

Now THAT is truly USABLE info !!!

Given that this old plug has both analog and digital cards (and spares...) my thought was to merely program it for busy/no answer transfer to either sort because all that is happening is really a few POTS lines coming into a single station, answered and/or transferred to one other station-> or not, in which case it will roll to VM.

No extension selection will be used and the callers will simply either reach a person or the single VM box.

This stuff reminds me of the truly ancient PC h/w that I still have in use that is utterly reliable like the K6/2-350 system I use for a business firewall that runs 24/7/365 and only requires MAYBE monthly restarts - and the old, slow, big IDE drives that never seem to get any data errors.

What seriously tickles me at this site is the sponsorship (ownership ?) by Usedphones.com !

My sincerest thans Carl, and Best Wishes !

Admin
Admin
Like Carl I have installed Key Voice voicemails on the 124i. Very feature rich and has the integration already figured out in the initial install menu. I probably have a software key around here for that application. PM me if you interested.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Ah-hah !!!
Even more encouraging/good news - great.

In the meantime I have been looking into Carl's suggestion and found that Amanda SOHO has direct options for the 124i and even natively supports the voicemail-only mode I am aiming for - wahoo !

Better still - it's only about 1000 times simpler than the NVM deal and is flash based; how cool is ALL that ?!
The doggone thing is small, inexpensive, draws little power and has very nice capacities (can you tell I already read it's nice, short, concise docs ?).

Thanks Very Much.
I genuinely and sincerely appreciate you nice folks who've pitched in to help me here and now I feel like there is definite movement in a very positive direction with this system.

Originally posted by skip555:
It seems as if NOBODY has paid attention to what I said right at the start of this thread:
(Yes, I know we can use the telco's VM system-> that is also NOT what I asked...)

Thanks for any USABLE INFO !
you where given "good USABLE INFO " , I really hope your not charging anyone for this , you are doing them no favors whatsoever .

Good Heavens !
I already have the 124i running quite satisfactorily and unless some glaring problem shows up it will be staying; this is not a question.
as a long time "PBX Tech " ( I assume you do know the 124i isn't a PBX ) you should realize something that old is running on borrowed time and is likely to fail at any point

would do the Nitsuko folks a service if they'd just quit discouraging folks who WANT to use this stuff.
you do realize Nituko hasnt existed in a dozen or so year ...but as a long time PBX tech off course you do
You know normally, I don't respond to posts like this but you are being particularly belligerent to people that are trying to give you some helpful advice whether you believe it or not. No one is beating up on your i-series system just giving the simple facts. Your posts are rather unfair to say the least.

Admin
Admin
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Depending on the size of your office why not just buy a new system? I mean a new NEC DSX or ESI 50L or whatever in that size range you could get something with a warranty. You are installing a system that's been discontinued for a decade and I would bet after you add up all the time and effort being put into this you could get a small key system installed with warranty for very little a month if you lease it. Just a suggestion. Of course you could always get voice mail from the phone company too for the lines as well.
How's that giant rear-view mirror working for the back pedaling? A direct quote from your FIRST resopnse. And this is PHONE SYSTEM TECH SUPPORT. Who are we supporting?

Yet, the OP is belligerent because you told him to "just change out the system"?

And we wonder why some posters just cut and run....

How's that giant rear-view mirror working for the back pedaling? A direct quote from your FIRST resopnse. And this is PHONE SYSTEM TECH SUPPORT. Who are we supporting?

Yet, the OP is belligerent because you told him to "just change out the system"?
that's no reason for the OP to get belligerent and no reason for you to get sarcastic with Coral Tech ,Carl

the OP was offered some valid opinions and options . there was no need for him to cop a attitude , if you dont care for the advice given then move on

sometimes the best support is to suggest a realistic approach

Lets keep this on topic ..... topic

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
[b] Depending on the size of your office why not just buy a new system? I mean a new NEC DSX or ESI 50L or whatever in that size range you could get something with a warranty. You are installing a system that's been discontinued for a decade and I would bet after you add up all the time and effort being put into this you could get a small key system installed with warranty for very little a month if you lease it. Just a suggestion. Of course you could always get voice mail from the phone company too for the lines as well.

And we wonder why some posters just cut and run.... [/b]
Who is back peddling or has reading become optional in schools now?

I am setting up a very small office for a friend and will be changing from an absolutely ancient Comdial system to a nicely less ancient Nitsuko 124i.

It is already running (breadboarded) so I can learn & program it.
It came with an NVM2000 with NVM2002 v5 s/w, and that is also running with 2 ports connected.
I found and got and printed the voluminous docs for it too...
"Will be" changing as opposed to up and running live? Am I missing something here? The opening post CLEARLY states that this will be an install of another system that is currently in place. So Carl, where is the problem making a valid and legitimate suggestion to something that is clearly going to "be" a "for the use of the term" a new install? I really hope he enjoys his i-series system and get a new voice mail that will work with it. Simply pointing out an alternative is somehow construed as bad or not listening? As Mr Spock would say, "Fascinating".

smallhagrid, back in the day when the NVM's and the Vanguards were giving out we USED to install a product call Prophet Lite by executive voice? I believe they use to have software called VUP and a integration patch that allowed it to speak with the i-series and/or onyx systems. I haven't seen them around for some time but those voice mail systems were solid state, fairly inexpensive and seemed to work well. The ONLY real issues I remember on them were the power supplies seemed to fail after some use. I do not know if they are around anymore but you MIGHT find one floating around somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024