web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Recently our NAM for voicemail broke and the switchboard is going crazy with no place to terminate calls due to empty desks. I have told everyone to forward calls to secretarys or something, but I was hoping I could do something better.

I have read about external call forward and line redirection. How can this be done. I have been playing with Feature 84, but without much success. It eventually tells me to select lines and I cannot do anything from there.

I am not a telephone ninja, but if you think this external call forward would work for a few of our people when they are out in the field, let me know, and give me details on how to pull it off. Step by Step if you would. Thanks a million!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Welcome to the board Jen0sid3

If the individuals in the field have DID or private lines (dedicated to the individual), and those lines have physical appearances on the user's phone, Line Redirection will work for you. Just remember that two trunks will be used for EVERY redirected call. If the lines that need to be redirected do not appear on the user's phone, the Line Redirection will not work for your application.

What version of software are you on? If the calls are going to a Receptionist, she may be able to 'Transfer' the call to an external number.

I hope that helps!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
OP Offline
Unfortunately, the telephone system is a secondary duty of mine, and I am not sure how to tell what version I have. Mainly I am the Novell NDS and Domain Administrator. However, I can help I will. I have a cellular phone myself, and was going to use myself as a test case. Tell me how to give you the information you need to help me, and it is done. I can do simple stuff, like log into administration and all of that.

I am inclined to suggest that you bring in a vendor. If your software is new enough, it would be very easy for a Nortel trained vendor to configure this. A typical vendor would probably bill you for their 1 hour minimum charge...pretty minimal.

That being said, you may as well just test it the way it is, to see if it is already working. Just call in to the office from your cell phone. Then try to use the "Transfer" feature as you normally would, but dial "9" + an outside number. Then release.

If it works, GREAT!

If not, there is some work to do. And, it is stuff that can leave you without the ability to dial out at all, if it isn't done right.

If you have a vendor that you work with, they can probably tell you whether the software is new enough, with a phone call.

If you have a Remote Access Device (RAD or FastRAD) connected to the system, this work could be done remotely (that sometimes saves $$$).

Lastly, you may be able to do this (the outbound transfers) with a carrier feature as well. You would need a "Flash" button on your phone if you went this route (Nortel calls it "Link", Feature + 71 on your phones).

Please let us know how it goes!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 166 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024