web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
:confused:
Customer has a MICS 4.1 with a T1. I programmed all the necessary programming so they can forward their phones to their cell phones. Here is the problem: They forward their phone to their cell. A call comes in and it rings on their cell. The customer can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear the customer. The transmit path from the MICS doesn't work when they forward externally. However, they can conference just fine and external transfers work also. This problem is with every phone and it does not matter what cell phone they forward to.
Any ideas?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Can they not hear at all or is just very low? You are positive of the software level? We had an issue like that once and had to fight with the Telco for 4 months to get it repaired. But when we transfered out externally the level was also low??? You have forwarded this to your cell phone and heard it with your own ears?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
My supervisor tested this with them and said indeed the problem does exist. It is that they cannot hear at all. I originally thought that it could be that the volume level was just low. I have since found out that the first release of 4.1 had problems in this area. Yes, we did verify that it is 4.1. I will be going on site myself to do more testing.

4.1 WI 6.0 Problems
Symptoms: Receive a "NOT IN SERVICE" message when performing call transfers, call parks, voice calls, AA/VM transfers, also internal and external dropped calls. Call Park works intermittently. When user hits the Call Park button the line goes on hold but the call does not park. When user presses F74 does same thing puts call on hold but does not park call. Display only shows the line the call is on.

When a user calls a set that has been call forwarded to their set they receive "NOT IN SERVICE" message.

When a phone has aux. ringer assigned to a phone in a hunt group, the ringer will ring when the call is first transfered but stops when the person who transfered a call hits the release button.

One way transmission on external DID call forwarded. All circuits are copper. Party that placed the call can not be heard at the forwarded number.

Fix: MC 213 Condition fixed. Identified by Rls 02 on the PCMCIA software cartridge.

One Way Transmission on Conference Call on PRI on 4.1 WI6.04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symptom: One Way Transmission on Conference Call on PRI on 4.1 WI6.04. Jerry in ITAS says this only occurred if the Norstar user made both calls. If one call was incomming the problem did not occur.

Fix: Corrected in 4.1 WI6.13. Reference ITAS ticket 93620 and 97276.

Workaround: Reboot Norstar. Then advise customer to wait until they hear ringback before conferencing.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,168 CTX100 install
187,015 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024