web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
rich30529 - I do not have that information as of yet. I came into this job just recently and support over 100 offices with most using Nortel. When I hire a vendor to work at a remote site I have them update that info for me. (there was no documentation left on existing system software and vm.
NTlayoff - doing a feature *0 will confirm the extension of the phone? Good to know. I will have her do that, if indeed 1000 is correct then we will proceed with the change. If that does check out good, then my next step is to reset the VM? You are referencing the voicemail unit correct?

Thanks for the responses and help.

Thank You,

Troy
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Yes - I was refering to the VM unit.
But as Richard said, If it is OLD - it could be risky.
I think that the Ext# and Mailbox# do not match. That is why after doing a reset, it still says "LOCKED".

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Originally posted by yortmantup:
NTlayoff - doing a feature *0 will confirm the extension of the phone? Good to know. I will have her do that.....
Not quite.
It is Feature * 0 INTERCOM

Don't forget to push intercom

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Well she gave it a try and the display only shows "press a button" I think I am going to hire a vendor to go out there and I will meet with him and see if I can learn something. I really appreciate your help!

Thank You,

Troy
Originally posted by yortmantup:
rich30529 - I do not have that information as of yet. I came into this job just recently and support over 100 offices with most using Nortel. When I hire a vendor to work at a remote site I have them update that info for me. (there was no documentation left on existing system software and vm.
Sounds like these may be new accounts. smile If so, sending out a tech to do a site survey, and fix a couple of quirks while he is there, would probably make your company look pretty good :thumb: Depending on what city/state it is in, you may find someone close by from the board. You could give the 'installer' link at the top a try if all else fails.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
OP Offline
we tried the Feature * 0 INTERCOM and the extensin she wanted to get to was 3911. She is all set now. NT was right, it's just finding what they really want to do. 3911 is her backup line and was unaware that was teh line used for the GM. Who knew!!

Thank You,

Troy
dude if you will pm me i will tell you how. its an ancient chinese secret

WHEN THE ANSWER COMES EASY.... YOU MUST HAVE PAID ATTENTION IN CLASS
I think zsmilesss ask way-back-there
"I think the question in order would be....what exactly are you trying to do? Perhaps he doesn't need to access General Delivery, but administration"

BINGO!!! Thanks Lonnie! Sometimes you have to ask the correct questions, in order to give a correct answer.

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about little.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,063 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, erniejoey, Yoda), 144 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024