web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a location with a MICS 6.1 and CP100 ver 2.1 and routinely there are messages that are delivered late. For example they check the mailbox at noon and then at 4pm and there is a new message dated at 9am in the box. I have put all 4 ports into notification and then did a reboot. The problem subsided for a while and now it's back. I would definitely say its a problem and not user error/imagination.

This location has a PRI and rather active on phone calls and vm usage. Would a 150 be better suited? Does rebooting really help this issue?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

i don't think that the 150 would make a difference,its just got more capability for mailboxes and ports,verify if you are up to date with all the patches if any,another to try would be to reboot the mics and the cp at the same time i have had to do that before on a mics cp
setup try that hope it sends you in the right way

I had the same problem with the flash a few years back and I had to change the time on the voicemail to match the phone system.

We use Octel and while I've had many reports of "delayed messages" I've never proved it or experienced it myself. Most often it's a failure of MWT notification. Don't know if Call Pilot has CDR like Octel but most often claims that they had checked voice mail are refuted by CDR which shows when password was entered. Once it's confirmed to be a MWT issue then that's addressed. I'm also convinced a few of the reports were fabrications by some one in an effort to cover their butt for not following up on a call.

Confirming time on the Call Pilot is a good suggestion too.

CP gets its time stamp from the phone system. Make sure the clock right. AM/PM etc.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,230 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,381 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024