web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#139960 08/11/08 07:03 AM
OP Offline
Hi - I need to change a recording and the name of a mailbox on my T7316E system. We have a new employee and I need to change the old name to the new name and change the voice mail recording for the new person. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how I can do this? It has been years since I have had to do this and the knowledge has left me. Any help will be appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
I also need to know how to add the new person to the company directory. It has been set up so a caller can dial the first few letters of either the first or last name to reach the proper extension. If anyone can tell me how I may set that up, I would appreciate it.

welcome MYounger.

You will require the admin password to access the voice mail programming. If you don't know it or it has been lost, please contact a qualified installer in your area to have it reset. Passwords are not divulged in this forum.

Once you gave gained access to the admin mailbox. you can change the displayed name:
Press MBOX > ChNG > Enter the mailbox number >Press OK > if you need to reset the mailbox password press RESET > Press OK until the name is displayed and then using the keypad spell the new name (LAST,FIRST).

To chane the greeting: Log into the mailbox > Press ADMIN > 1 to change the spoken name > GREET to change the actual greeting. Again a password is required.

Again please contact a qualified installer in your area if you are having difficulting.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Hi -

Thank you! I do have the password and was able to set up the voice mail. The only area I am still having difficulty with is adding the name to the company directory search feature. We have our system set up that the caller can search the directory by typing in the first few letters of either the first name or the last name. Can anyone help me access this feature? I will need to add the new person and delete the old person from the directory.

Thanks in advance!

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
That gets setup when you initialize the mailbox for the new user.

It will ask if you want them in the company directory, answer Yes or No. If yes, type in the user's name like Marv said.

If the mailbox has been setup and the name doesn't appear in the dirctory, then you missed that step. You can change it in the admin area of the MB I think.

Make sure that the mailbox gets initialized as it won't work until it is.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024