web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
You are going to have to check the card in "Maintenance". Try disable - enable.

Have you changed providers? If so you may have to reconfigure the card to match the new provider.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

this is a point-point T1 between sites, yes? directly connected between the two systems, or do you mux the circuit to run both voice and data?

get on your network with your PC, login to ShoreWare Director, make sure you have green, happy lights on your Quick Start page. you can drill down to the ShoreTel switch that connects to the MICS and look at status and error counts.

if you only have the one T1 card in your MICS, then it will get its timing from that T1 circuit. be sure to setup your ShoreTel switch to be the "master".

setup a phone on the MICS system to have "Appear Only" for each of the four tie lines. this lets you manually select each line for testing -- and you can see whether each tie line is idle, or seized. will help troubleshoot. then you can attempt to make your tie line calls as you normally would, and watch the line indicators.

this is obvious, but make sure all four lines that should be in Pool B really are.

if you have it, you can use your Norstar Remote Utilities to do all of this, too. you don't have to be on site at the MICS location. conversely, you can Remote Desktop into your Shoreware server, and use the Trunk Test Tool to watch the tie lines in real time, and/or also to make test calls. ShoreWare Director's Quick Start/Switch Maintenance page also gives good information.

Siege Offline OP
OP Offline
Telemarv --

We have not changed provider, however we did think about having the provider test the T1 circuit. If I power cycled the switch, would that be the same as disabling the card?

royb --

I have looked at the Shoretel switch and it "appears" that everything is ok. We can call from our main office to the remote location internally (4 digit extension) with no problems. I did notice though that the clock source is set to SLAVE on the Shoretel system. However, there are severaly other remote locations connected to that Shoretel switch that do not have an issue with their TIE lines. Does that make sense?

if you can call into the MICS successfully from the ShoreTel, then at least one tie line is working. can you make simultaneous calls into the MICS?

if you have several remote locations running through the same ShoreTel T1 switch, sounds like your T1 is muxed (Adtran 800, 550, etc). might look at that device, make sure you're not experiencing slips between it and the MICS -- and/or clear your CSU history on the MICS end to see if you're still taking errors). if you are muxing the circuit into the MICS site, then verify your digital cross-connect mapping at the mux site. ShoreTel might help: Use ShoreWare Director/Quick Look/Switch Maintenance to see that each channel on the T1 switch is up and running. this is just to be sure your MICS T1 is happy, not taking errors. makes troubleshooting less complicated if this part of the equation is taken care of.

after verifying your digital cross-connect mapping: your ShoreTel side is Digital Wink Start, as is your MICS side? unused channels on the MICS are unprovisioned, or placed into an unused Pool?

you still might either add tie line appearances to a MICS telephone, or use the Remote Utilities program to do the same to a virtual telphone. this allows you to visually verify operation of each line. and do verify each tie line is in the correct Line Pool.

Siege Offline OP
OP Offline
royb -- Shoretel T1 channel is up and running. I made simultaneous internal calls to the remote location and was able to get through with no problem. Both systems (Nortel and Shoretel) are set to wink start.

Unfortunately I do not have remote utilities so I am going to go the remote site this morning to try and disable/enable the T1 card.

Siege Offline OP
OP Offline
Found a workaround solution. Assigned TIE 1 and 2 lines to designated phones. Tested internal calls on TIE 1/2 and both are working. My colleague noticed that there are only 2 channels setup for that remote location, so we are thinking that we 2 more channels setup for those remote locations. Does that sound right?

Siege Offline OP
OP Offline
(Correction) Sorry, there are only 2 channels setup on the Shoretel switch. So we think there needs to be 2 more additional channels setup on the Shoretel.

channels do need to match. also, MICS phones require access to the Line Pools. should have seen "Denied in Admin" on the telephone display if this was part of your troubles, however.

Siege Offline OP
OP Offline
Telemarv -- I did disable the card this morning as well, but unfortunately that did not work. However, I believe the overall problem was that I did not see that only 2 channels were available and that the 2 TIE lines that needed to be used did not have access outbound. Thanks again for the help.

royb -- I will make sure that the additional channels are assigned to the system for those TIE lines. I really appreciate the help this week. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024