web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone have a vendor of choice for a PA system that can interface w/ a Norstar Plus ICS 2.0 Startalk Flash NVM 3.0.10A configuration?

I had a 1970 model amp, but it finally burned up.

Need a replacement.

I have 4 buildings I would like to be able to page individually, so if anybody can recomend a source for such an amp, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Bogan makes a fine amp. Your power required will vary form site to site, so I suggest you hire a pro sound man or audio technician for advice on this. I like Valcom speaker with each speaker having its own built in amp.

Sound engineers would require you to have an amp for each building. You don't want power from one building being used to drive an amp in a building across the way,do to potential ground differences. You can send dry audio with out alarm. When done right, you amps will last forever.

Paging individually will require a zone paging adapter connect to a CO port. The paging port of a MICS/CICS can only do one zone... paging all the buildings at one time. Hire someone who knows paging. It can be complicated.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
To add to Marvs options also a Tam B from bogen with analog ports would work...... And paging amps in each building

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
I ended up with a Valcom 2003A controller and 3 amps.
2 Blgs on one and the other 2 bldgs separate.

The connection from the Valcom to the phone system says they need only an audio pair and a Contact Close pair (both from the pageport).

I have the audio pair, but where is the contact close pair?

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
OP Offline
I did find the Y/BL pair (16) on Amphenol 2, is the contact close pair and so got the Valcom working w/ the phone system.
The only issue now is that there is no volume control for speakers.

Some bldgs. are noisier than the others, so need a way to adjust for background noise.

Any suggestions??

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
re the volume question:

If you are using separate amps, then you must be using 70v line PA amps if connecting to multiple speakers. If this is the case, then these 70v horn/pa speakers will have selectable "taps" which serve as a volume control for each speaker. If you have connected the Valcom page adapter to the page port of the MICS, then you have given up on the desire to page individual zones, as the MICS page port is unable to pass the DTMF tones required to be able to select zones.

We have installed a number of zoned paging systems and with the right equipment, it can provide some fairly flexible configurations.

Look at the Bogen PCM2000 zone selectable system. Using 3 amps would be the best way to go. Connection to the MICS would need to be with a CO port if you need to select zones. You can also encorporate the Bogen ambient noise sensors and ALC (auto level control) to control the volume in areas where the ambient noise fluctuates.

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"
OP Offline
The amps I have, look like they are older than dirt, 1 Executone PBK 6150 and 2 ExecuTone PBK 675.
The tech help from Valcomm was very good and they walked me through testing out-put per zone. Using my butt set to each zone out-put.
I must have something different for a phone system then what I posted, b/c I do get DTMF and so the Valcomm does give me the zoned paging.
I have a connection from the page port (W/Bl-BL/W) and the contact closure port (W/OR-OR/W) on a 25 pair 66 block from the Valcomm controller.
That part is working okay.
My only last issue is just volume control.
The output from the Valcomm unit for each zone then feeds the 3 amps. Then I have speaker output from the amps, but the Executone amps do not have a volume control.
Is there any way to control volume w/ some sort of standalone piece of equipment?

Thank you
ITphoneGuy

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 162 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024