web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14681 01/26/07 06:22 PM
Panasonic TDA has the best wireless solution of any system I know of, main points being coverage, ease use (ie- buttons for functions instead of complicated codes) and a low price point for the components. Easy admin, IP options, PC console for recption. Stable software, does not need to be shut down for regular maintenence.
The wireless could be cell station based or just use the basic system cordless 7896, depending on the size and construction of the structure.
Either way the ease of use is tops.
If there is no Quality dealer in your area--
Forget about it!
As for self programming-- many systems now have extensive user programming. Have put in many computer based systems that boast self admin, and still get lots of calls for help. yes the end user can do it , but after the initial setup may not use for months and then can,t remember how, or get lost as to how to acomplish a task. A good dealer will be able to swap extensions and make any change right down to a speed dial button on any phone remotly
for much less than on site service. The only reason for on site visit would be to install new wire or other hardware or annual maint checkup.
Sorry, here,s the soapbox back>>

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#14682 01/28/07 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MooreTel:

To me, I can just tell perpective clients to look around in almost any commercial office or store & they'll see Nortel systems.

Dave
Nortel makes a quality product and they are everywhere, same with Avaya. I'm not going to degrade either one of them but I would like to throw out this analogy:

In the mid 70's everywhere you looked you saw General Motors and Ford autos rollin down the road. Occasionally you would see a Datsun or a Toyota.

In my opinion Nortel & Avaya are good products but not the best just because they are in every Walgreens.

John

#14683 01/28/07 04:13 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
For ease of use, dependability, quality, and availability, I would go Nortel. They seem to have stepped forward and really taken the small to mid-size business' in mind, especially the last few years. As much as I love Avaya, they seem to have abandoned the smaller systems to focus on large PBX apps. But I agree, the bottom line is dealers and support. Also, there isn't any coding in phone systems. They all have proprietary programming. Some can use a Windows GUI interface or web browser interface to do admin programming, but you don't actually write any of your own code.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#14684 01/28/07 04:23 PM
You might want to look at the NEC Aspire series. It has everything and can expand to a pretty good sized system. They have a really nice wireless setup as well as micro-cell and the whole thing can be programmed from a web browser. NEC leads all others in these size systems for market share.

#14685 01/29/07 02:01 AM
OP Offline
I guess we'll be shopping for a good dealer, then.
So far all the ones I've encountered seem to also be sales-people.
I've seen websites that take your information, what you need, and sell your phone-number to companies who then fax or email you quotes without ever coming in contact with you as a person. It's insanely aggravating.
Should I grab the yellow pages and look up companies, what should I do?

-Laura F
#14686 01/29/07 02:14 AM
Laura, if they won't come visit with yoou in person then your better off finding someone who will. There is nothing wrong with the yellow pages but bear in mind that those of us on this side of the fence get our share of "tire kickers" that have no intention of putting good quality equipment in their business. I know for a fact that ESI can send a qualified reseller to see you and the same is probably true for Samsung-Vodavi-Yada-Yada-Yada. Since ESI has been mentioned here is how to get the ball rolling.

https://www.esi-estech.com/about/

Stay in touch with us till your decision is made. We are very good at weeding out sales baloney.

John

#14687 01/29/07 02:48 AM
OP Offline
my boss added cell-phone integration to the list of "cool things it could do"
he'd like to be able to have a cell-phone integrated into a base, so that if a call comes in it'll go to the phone or the cell, depending on whether you're at your desk or not
I believe I've seen this in some movies, and it requires a cell-phone charger-type thing that connects to your phone -- not sure, though!
any thoughts?

-Laura F
#14688 01/29/07 03:42 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
the cell integration would be something to talk to the vendor about , there was a product out that I thought would go well I bought one took it around and demonstrated it to clients I thought would benefit , no one shared my enthusiasm so I wound up using it here until I changed cell phones (it only worked on certain phones )

that plus radio shack was selling them for less than I was paying .

a google search brought this up

https://www.cordlessworkz.com/index...195&gclid=CIaFra_7hYoCFQK8SgodeXvZLQ

integration is something for your vendor

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#14689 01/29/07 04:21 AM
The cell systems we are speaking of are part of the phone system, meaning you have a cordless phone that
works just like your desk phone, not your personal
Cell phone.
Panasonic and others have Personal Cell phone twinning, where your personal cell rings at the same time as your regular extension whether your cell is on premis or in another state.
What skip555 brought up is a device that you plug your personal cell phone into when you get to your office, most of them are connected to outside or inside antennas for best recption in your building. These units plug into your phone system as an outside CO line.
Therefore if your personal cell was put in as line 10, then your personal cell calls could be answered by any phone that was set to ring for line 10, and you could pick up the call at any phone on your system.
Twinning the Personal cell is easier but requires 2 lines and works best with digital lines (T1 or PRI) But if your personal cell does not work well in your building you would need a repeater for increased signal.

#14690 01/29/07 04:36 AM
Steering clear of a lot of the questions and coments: Cell phone integration. There are several things this couuld mean to us.

1. "I want my cell to ring at the same time as my desk phone and when I answer it at eitehr one I want it to stop ringing on the other. Also, I would like to be able to transfer callers back to other telephones in the office."

2."I want my cell to ring if I forward my phone."

3."I want my system to call me if I recieve voicemail messages."

Answers:
1. Several systems do this. Tadiran includes it in their IPX systems standard. Mitel also has it, but it costs extra. Other manufactureres also probobly can do this, but those are the ones I know. It also does not matter what cell service you have.

2. Basically any system can do this. However, once the call is on the cell phone it is stuck there (IE, you cannot transfer it back to the office).

3. Almost any voicemail system can do this now.

Steve

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, ronaldjamesh, justbill), 67 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024