web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
We are using the BCM400 and would like to forward the our calls to a cell number when out of the office. We have "Allow Redirect" enabled on the users phone and used Feature 4 + 9 1 999 888 7777.

If I call from inside to the users extension it goes to the user's cell, however if I call from an outside line to the user's DID or go through the main number and dial their extension I get a busy signal.

We are using PRI service if that matters.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I had a similar issue once. So long ago I can't remember for sure. But it had to do with the OLI#. Not saying that will fix your issue, but try putting the DID number of that phone in that prompt. Or if a number is in the OLI then take it out or change it. I just wish I could remember for sure what we did.

The thought there is that when you forward the call, the callers ID goes out and that is not a legal number FROM that PRI. Put in the OLI of the DN and that IS a good number on that PRI.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is a strange tid-bit. I forwarded a couple of phones to people's cell and none of them could get a call from an outside number with only one exception so far. I could call their DID's with my cell phone and my call would get forwarded.

What would allow only my cell phone to be forwarded, but no other calls so far?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
when you use your cell phone is the Caller ID blocked and the other cell phones are not???

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, my phone that will get forwarded does have the caller ID blocked and the phones that call in that do not forward show their numbers.

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Just tried with another phone that also has it's caller ID blocked and that call went through as well. What could be allowing blocked caller IDs to get forwarded, but others get a busy tone?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Did you read my first post right after your initial question post?

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, yes I did. The Pub and Priv OLI for the set and all sets is what I believe is the default of 221.

The Priv would only let me change it to 3 characters so I used the person's extension 629 and also set the Pub to 629.

I also tried to use their full DID in the Pub which also has the same last 3 numbers XXXXXXX629. When we make an external call our Telco has it set so our main number comes on the caller ID for all users so I tried the main number in the Pub as well XXXXXXX600.

Finally, I tried blanking both out. It seemed not matter what I did only people with their caller ID blocked would go through.

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
One more tid-bit. I believe that somehow my carrier may be getting passed the incoming caller's caller ID. For test I changed my Pub OLI to blank and a few of the other extensions and called out. They all worked.

I then changed my Pub OLI to several of the number in my DID range of xxxxxxx600 to xxxxxxx799 and those all worked as well. But when I change it to something outside my range I got my call rejected right away and a busy tone.

Is there a setting on the BCM400 that will enable passing the incoming caller ID out that I should disable?

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
I called into my equipment provider but they did not know what the problem could be. I am very certain it started when we switched carriers about 2 months ago.

I now recall someone telling me that a line we have forwarded all the time to a remote office was not working about a month or so ago and when I called it with my cell (blocked caller ID) it worked so I thought it was fixed. Evidently not. It is rarely used so we did not pick up on it until now.

Any ideas on what I should ask my Telco provider to check?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024