web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Sorry for the newbie question,

Someone in our office just set up a new phone. The FWD/DND light is blinking. How do I turn this feature off for this phone?

Thanks
Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Well, if you want to cancel it, just lift the handset (or press the SP-PHONE button), then press the FWD/DND button and dial 0 (zero). Are you sure you want to cancel this? It may be forwarding to voice mail or to another extension under no-answer, busy or no-answer & busy conditions.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
thanks for the quick reply, Ed

No, this extension does not forward to another extension or voicemail. Our office phone needs are very simple and do not really require any forwarding. Would I use '1' to turn FWD/DND back on?

Mike

OP Offline
I tried lifting the handset, press FWD/DND, then 0.
This did not stop the FWD/DND from blinking.

Mike

Ensure when lifting the handset you are grabbing INTERCOM rather than an outside line.
Or simply press the INTERCOM button then FWD/DND button then dial 0
That is my biggest complaint about Panasonic's manuals. They say lift handset then blah blah. Well if you have enabled idle line preference, it makes all manual instructions incorrect.

Geez. I didn't think that idle line preference might be in effect, but since it seemed like it was a newly-established extension (based upon the original post), I didn't think the extension user got that far. I was asleep at the wheel, as usual. Nice catch Ohio!

No, Elja, pressing the FWD/DND button + 1 only activates the do not disturb (DND) feature and the light will then be lit solid on this button. I discourage the use of this because people forget to turn it off. (1=ON, 0=OFF).

If your office setup is as basic as you have indicated, then this button and subsequent digits shouldn't really ever be required.

Panasonic made the forwarding feature "flash" this button, apparently to keep reminding you that your phone is forwarded. Personally, I would rather be reminded that I put my phone in DND with a flashing light and solid for forwarding, but that's just my opinion.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
I tried pressing the Intercom button, then FWD/DND, then 0. The FWD/DND light turns off momentarily. There is a '0' indicated on the LED display. Then after about 5 seconds I get a busy signal sound on the phone. Is there something else I need to do, like press # or * afterwards?

One note, this is a new jack and new extension added to the phone system

OP Offline
I found out the problem..."My bad", as the kids say.
The extension that I had assigned had conflicted with the extension that is used as a DUMMY or forwarding extension to voicemail. As a consequence of this, when someone tried to call in, the general delivery box was used instead of our custom mailbox that has our personal recorded message. Problem fixed. I should put a note on the phone system box not to use Jack 13/Extension 113.

Mike

I am glad you got it figured out because I was scratching my head on that one!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I wouldn't scratch to hard, you can't afford to loose any more hair! :rofl: :rofl: :banana:
MrG

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 139 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024