web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158257 03/20/07 11:49 AM
OP Offline
I have an extension set up, so that when the attendant is on a call, a second extension rings. I want to change which extension that second extension will be. What is this feature called and how do you change it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#158258 03/20/07 04:06 PM
Hi Fred welcome to the board welcome

There will probably be more to it than just changing the extension depending on how your system is set up. It may be easier for you to just change the two physical locations of the phones via the cross connect and re-assign the two extension numbers. In order to set up another phone to be a 2nd attendant you may have to program several things.

Do you have a manual or CD documentation for the system? If so, it should provide the information you need.

We try to freely provide information to the end user with information regarding simple questions that can easily be found within the user guide. We also provide and exchange information with other Telecommunications business owners and professional Telecommunications field technicians. The programming that your system requires would involve in depth installer level programming.

Do you have a vendor that you could call to assist you with these changes? If you would like, you can check out the link at the top of the page labeled "Installers". Search around your area and you can probably find someone nearby to come to your site and make the changes for you.

Goodluck

:thumb:

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#158259 03/21/07 04:54 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick response. I do have a local vendor. I have to have him out soon, we have an alarm resets every night at 3:30am, and I need to make sure the phone system is not part of the problem. Which would be a good time to ask them for help with it.

I do have the programming manual. I was trying to find it on my own. From what I have seen about the phone systems, often my problem is a matter of terminology. If I know what something is called, and some of the terms related to it. I can follow what the manual is doing.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 142 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024