web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#166662 06/17/10 01:08 AM
Admin
Admin
We always tell a customer that there are 3 elements to CID on a Panasonic system. CID service, CID hardware, AND A RINGING PHONE.

Usually it's #3 that gets them. No, not your neighbor's phone, but YOUR phone has to be ringing. We get the "but I don't want to hear my phone ring". Sorry.

Carl

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#166663 06/26/10 07:05 AM
locg Offline OP
OP Offline
I didnt bother looking for a manual cause i dont have access to the software. Im an installer myself but since I'm not a dealer I subbed it out to another installer. He took an hour to try and sort out that problem. Since I knew nothing about the system itself I didnt argue with him but I knew it shouldnt have took that long. So I tried to help him out by asking the question here. I wasnt onsite to check it myself. I tried for weeks to get the software and everyone gave me the company mantra. I thought it was a simple question so i didnt expect anyone to say go find your dealer to get an answer.

#166664 10/21/10 02:38 AM
Originally posted by locg:
I didnt bother looking for a manual cause i dont have access to the software. Im an installer myself but since I'm not a dealer I subbed it out to another installer. He took an hour to try and sort out that problem. Since I knew nothing about the system itself I didnt argue with him but I knew it shouldnt have took that long. So I tried to help him out by asking the question here. I wasnt onsite to check it myself. I tried for weeks to get the software and everyone gave me the company mantra. I thought it was a simple question so i didnt expect anyone to say go find your dealer to get an answer.

#166665 10/21/10 03:10 AM
I'm having similiar problems with a KX-TDA200 that the caller id doesn't display, from four incoming lines one was displaying but also stoped, and it seems i cannot find the problem. i'm not really a tecnician but i program a lot with other programs, and so i may not understand the maintence console correctly. And the vendor, also programmer of the kx-tda doesn`t know much about pc programming.
So now if somebody still could help it would be of much pleasure.
I have created four groups 601 - 604, for each line a different group.(the destinationes are the same for each)
Now i want the whole number to display so i don't have any DDI numbers asigned. The distribution method is DIL, so CO-01 is set to DLI destination 601,
CO-02 is set to DLI destination 602, and so on.
The incoming call just displays Line # and the ICD Group #, why isn't it displaying the CID number?

#166666 10/21/10 06:08 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Goerge, we discourage adding onto old threads. If you would read the 1st post by brokeda, 4th post in thread, you will probably find the answer to your question. If not, read the whole thread carefully. And please remember that we will tell you WHAT needs to be checked/programmed/etc, but NOT how to do it, as that is INSTALLER proprietary information. And being able to program a computer does not make you a telephone system programmer.
Now that I've covered all that, welcome and enjoy the site. We can and will help all we can, within the parameters of the "posting information" thread at the beginning of each and every forum. Read it at your convenience. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#166667 10/22/10 12:29 AM
Lightninghorse:
Thanks for the reply, I know adding onto old threads isn't the best but i was just trying my luck. I read the post by brokeda. The thing is my KXDT-333, doesn't display the info option, while ringing. When its on standby, the INFO button has two options Internal Number, Or, Day Mode.
I only ask for what needs to be checked/programmed/etc, NOT how to do it. So thanks for the tip.
PS. It's not only the displaying part i'm interested in, the thing is we have a third party programm that registers all incoming and outgoing calls, but i noticed that as long as the incoming call does not display, it also does not register.(it registers that there was a call but no number in incoming calls). And like i said before one line was working a while, then stopped. After shuting down the phone system and restarting then it worked again for one day, and that was the last time. Thanks so far.

#166668 10/22/10 03:31 AM
So do you have 7633 phones or dt333?
I don't know what the software difference is from US to your country.
After your futher explanation, it sounds like your not getting from the provider or cid cards going bad, bad wiring, wet wiring etc. To me if info is not shown during ringing, the caller id is not on.
Check to make sure it's on. Check lines with single line device. If digital trunks check with provider.
Call in a local tech who knows the system.

#166669 10/23/10 01:53 AM
If I understand you correctly are phones are dt333
I don't think that the software varies from US to PY.
We asked a tech. but he also doesn't have an answer.
So we both started asking others. with him we tried each line separate with a call identifier, and they worked. So it could be the card itself.
But it is a little strange, the LCD displays
LINE 001 - CO-01
->601:ICD GROUP 001
But whatever, it seems we will just have to discuss more with the tech. :shrug: Thanks for helping!!

#166670 10/23/10 04:22 AM
If these are analog trunks is there a 8 port caller id daughter board on the trunk card?

#166671 10/25/10 05:01 PM
I have also found that if you have another caller id device ahead of the system , it is possible that it it will capture the info and the phone system will miss it

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024