web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#16863 10/30/07 07:15 PM
I too use the fax program on PC but Its better to send to a number they actually answer. You will hear their hello then fax tone... Copy number and send it to them all day.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#16864 10/31/07 04:56 AM
Originally posted by DN27:
I have a friend that is selling a Fold-A-Boat. He used Craigs List and he got an email from someone saying they were mailing him a check so he says OK after it clears. Well yesterday he got the check and it is for 3800.00 and the boat is only 800.00 so he calls the sheriff, of course sheriff says it's a phoney and we are laughing about it and while we are still talking DHL comes to his door again and they have another 3800.00 check from someone else. Looks like the fools didn't communicate with each other as to who was supposed to send the check. Cool thing is they are out almost 40.00 for DHL
This is an "clever scam" they will purchase something on E-bay,etc and send a check for meore than the purchase amount and ask you to send them the difference. Often it will be a "certified check" or money order so it looks legit. of course it isnt. Now you are our the item and the "extra funds".

Years ago I received a letter saying I had won some "unimproved property" in Mexico over looking the Sea of Cortez. In 20 years the land would revert back to the Mexican gov. And I only had to pay a " small" yearly maintenance fee. Of course I jumped right on that......not.

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
#16865 11/11/07 03:24 PM
I hate to bump something that is slightly old, but darn you guys have some funny ideas. I typically don't have time to bother with any responses, but the ones from out of the country are so sad it's hilarious. They must really think Americans are fools.

The sad thing is that they must keep sending them because somebody is actually responding to them. Now that is scary. :confused:

#16866 11/12/07 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Telephone Guru:
the ones from out of the country are so sad it's hilarious.
I had one of those "I've found millions in a dormant account and want to share it with you" scams some months ago which purported to be from an official at a big London bank.

His English spelling and grammar were so bad that I doubt he could even get a job as a counter clerk, never mind anything higher. The address he gave didn't match up with the postal district; I forget the actual places he used, but it was something like claiming to be in Paddington and then using London EC2 (East Central) when Paddington is West -- About as obvious a mistake as trying to tell a New Yorker that Wall St. is in Brooklyn.

The phone numbers were for some other part of London entirely, although I wouldn't expect the average person to have spotted that.

But the real icing on the cake was the suggestion that I would receive 3,500,000 lbs. cash. Say what? :rofl: Even people who have never set foot in Britain know that lb. is for weight and £ is for currency.

#16867 11/12/07 02:44 PM
Yes, I don't know what list I ended up on, but I get several daily now. I think I could have retired many times over by now.....

#16868 11/12/07 05:39 PM
Originally posted by MooreTel:
I do that with Spam faxes, but I only use 2 pages, mark a line down the middle of each page, tape 1 page to the other(end to end), start the fax & then tape the other 2 ends together. It ran in a loop most of the night.

The last one I did this to actually had the b*lls to call me the next day to give me sh*t for wasting HIS paper, ink and tel line. Yeah right....

Dave
I love it! :rofl: I will have to remember that one...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024