Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
a spare ext and a message wait light for that ext
not parallel...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

dyna Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by kxtvet:
a spare ext and a message wait light for that ext
not parallel...
Hrmmm... Trying to appreciate your kind reply.

So setup a mailbox on an extension with no phone connected. That's no prob. The light part is not clear... Are you saying its possible to configure the message light on "my" kx phone to light up when the dummy ext has a message? or where are you getting the message light?

yes it called ANOTHER EXTENSION MESSAGE WAITING BUTTON and you define it with software

dyna Offline OP
OP Offline
I see the information on the "another extension waiting button" configuration. Working on it now.

I see that the KX-TA824 has a limitation on ring groups. But that I should be able to use my KX-TVA50 to do that. Basically, while in any custom service I want to have the caller be able to press 0 and then have the call ring on a group of phones. I have a group 1 configured on the KX-TA824 already. That would be the easiest. Or would I have to setup an extension group on the KX-TVA50? I only have a couple extensions programmed into the TVA50 because most extensions don't need voicemail. If I have to use a group on the TVA50 do all the group members need to have mailboxes setup or a group mailbox? In either case where is the option to forward to a group from a custom service prompt?

Lastly, what is the trick for allowing any extension to call/transfer call straight into a custom service menu?

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

CK

824 does not do ring groups i.e. you can not dial intercom 191 and expect all phones to ring but if you use disa to answer calls first you could use disa to ring a ext group of phones and then hand calls off to exts that are fwd > voicemail or voicemail=top custom dialing menu and then have more options ... Dyna how many spare exts and spare lines do you have on the system?

dyna Offline OP
OP Offline
Dyna how many spare exts and spare lines do you have on the system? [/QB]
I used two extra extensions for separate voice mail extensions because of those damn lights. This way others in the office can still call/transfer to my (and 1 other person's) voicemail without the lights flashing all over. So there went two extensions.

I got two extension left after that. I doubt I'll need both of those. I thought I had two extra 2 co's. I haven't looked at the box since doing the cabling a year ago. But since I know I have only 16 ext's that means I don't have 8 co's. By elimination I am out of CO's. I guess you may have been thinking about wiring a CO to a EXT and having the ext ring back in through the CO. I'm thinking about picking up the expansion card. $200 seems a little like throwing good money away but I know it would be beneficial.

Do all the TA824 have the DISA port you speak of? I'm have a door phone board but it must something else. Only using one of the door phones. Can the DISA feature receive a transfer from TVA50 Custom Service then ring several ext's?

Again, thanks.

if this is NA or american 824 I think the disa/ogm function is built in record ogm 1 set up a test auto attendant with a digit for ext group ring and set a test line to disa and ring it and see if it works !!

dyna Offline OP
OP Offline
if this is NA or american 824 I think the disa/ogm function is built in record ogm 1 set up a test auto attendant with a digit for ext group ring and set a test line to disa and ring it and see if it works !!
Cool. I followed the steps above except setting the OGM. When I call the test co to disa/ogm1, then press 1, all the group 1 extensions ring!

So the next question is, as was the primary goal, how to get from pushing zero while in custom service on tva50, to this disa backdoor?

Guessing here... naah. Better now. It will get us confused.

Why could you not have disa answer first and then overflow to the tva? You would have to have an analog ext jump over to a co line key to get disa off a key press off a custom dialing menu that could be a caveat for you !! You should really see if you can find a stateside KX-TD 816/1232 or KX-TAW 848 on ebay either one of them will support your present phones and are a better switch and you'd be able to have ring groups right out of the box and much much more!

dyna Offline OP
OP Offline
Why could you not have disa answer first and then overflow to the tva? You would have to have an analog ext jump over to a co line key to get disa off a key press off a custom dialing menu that could be a caveat for you !! You should really see if you can find a stateside KX-TD 816/1232 or KX-TAW 848 on ebay either one of them will support your present phones and are a better switch and you'd be able to have ring groups right out of the box and much much more!
One reason I don't have the Disa answer and pass over to TVA is because I had some custom prompts done and no way to load the files there. I suppose I could make an adapter to play them from pc to headset jack.

I guess that the benefit of doing passing all incoming calls from disa to tva would be that no group issues at that initial levels. Also, not hogging tva ports unless necessary. Actually, I'm really only using the menus during off hours for now... Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, then they get hours info and can select message box by department. We have some odd hours so this is a big improvement.

I also have a custom service menu where callers can be manually transferred in, and can leave a message or, if urgent, be connected to a cell phone (tsfr outside). This is the only day time menu right now and is only transferred to manually. Here is where I could use a press zero to ring all extensions (group 1) in case the caller has second thoughts.

I also think before doing any auto attendant day hours menus I really need a way for them to press 0, getting a main ring group. Then again, if I keep them in the disa as long as possible then I can get them to a group with a one touch press.

Well, talking this out helps me. I learned to keep all the traffic in the disa as long as possible in order keep the group call card up my sleeve. I think I can exploit a lot more with this tactic. I just wish I could upload the prompts. Also looks like no handling in disa if caller doesn't hit a key but that's a small issue.

Anyway, this is more fun than taking the easy way out and getting something new.

Any clue on the best way to take a caller, that you're talking to, to a custom service menu? Do I need a dummy extension just for that? Eeek.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,813 Shoretel
188,970 CTX100 install
187,204 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, RATHER BE FISHING), 99 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024