web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all, first off thanks for a great board. I have learnt a lot from you guys! Oh & hello from London. A little advise please while we wait for tecs to sort this out.
Today our isdn30 lines went down. Every handset lit up like xmas decorations, ho hoo hooo. Outgoing lines sounded engaged, dialing our number did not give any indication that we were on this earth, no tones or ringing. Telecom duly arrived and after checking their kit said that their fibre cable must have been severed! So we are currently awaiting "outside contractors" to find the fault & make repairs.
The engineer turned Strata off at the power supply (in the cabinet) & on again, the only light now on at the handsets is line 1. Before switching off I was able to access the program modes. Now all phones inc. 005 are dead eg. no response to any button tones or otherwise also no lcd information even on 005. So I am unable to access anything & we can`t even use dk280 to intercom.
It appears that there are no pstn lines connected (how stupid) so we are dead all but for the dedicated fax lines. So we have gone from 92 down to 2 lines.
I thought that after shut down (about 5 secs) that the system should have come back up to at least program mode? is there a way to get dk280 useable internally before the isdn30 come back on? or is it waiting until it sees live lines at the switcher?
Any advise will be very much appreciated. By the way I did ring a couple of companies about this but could not get to speak to an engineer so thought I would run this by you all.
Many thanks in advance
Brian

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

your system should come up after a shutdown.
have you looked at the cabinet? maybe someone
left the power off? you might check the power supply in the top cabinet.

OP Offline
Hi again, we lost our lines for 24hrs! The system came up after I powered it down & up again. All our lines came back up, 5 mins later telecom rang to inform us that they had repaired the fault. It was just strange that we had nothing at all, eg we could not even intercom?
Thanks anyway
Brian

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024