Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SFRANKY Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all. As far as I know, I did not sign for Verizon Voicewing. The only reason I had FIOS installed was to improve download and upload time over regular DSL. VERIZON Tech said that once they took the line to fiber, they wouldn't put it back to copper. In other words I'm totally screwed with no simple, cost effective solution to my problem. This is my Home Office Fax Machine by the way. Thanks again for your help.

SFranky
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

...no simple, cost effective solution to my problem.

Sure there is. Put those new FIOS lines to good use and keep busting Verizon's you know what until they fix it. There is nothing that says that you can't have a fax machine in you house. There is always the PSC or PUC or whatever California calls theirs.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That's the truth. You should be able to use a fax machine on any POTS line or one that is derived through FIOS. It should be fairly easy to prove this by taking the same fax machine to your neighbor's house who is still using copper and show them that it works over there.

Of course, their rocket scientist repair "technician" will try to blame it on your inside wiring. That's their favorite excuse; the very same wiring that they may have installed as recently as last week. It doesn't matter, inside wiring in a residence that is installed properly doesn't just "go bad" after switching over to FIOS or any other service provider.

You need to insist upon speaking with a supervisor and if you reach a dead end, which you will (Verizon employees are drones), register a complaint with the state, county or city's telecommunications regulatory board.

You need to do this now before the number of complaints gets to be so great that Verizon figures that this matter is out of hand. They will blame this on you because "you never said that you needed to be able to send a fax when you ordered the service". You won't be the only one.

They will then come up with a way to pay-off the politicians to keep the customers off their back. At that point, your problem will never go away. I urge you to register your complaint now. Coming here for advice was a great idea, but now you need to go back and fight them while you can.

People are jumping all over that high speed Internet and quality picture. They are seeming to forget the quality and capabilities of their phone line. Please check back and let us know how things progress.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I have an inexpensive all in one printer/scanner/copier so I scan a document, save it to .pdf then use myfax.com (which is also inexpensive) for internet faxing.

Just wanted to give you an alternate solution if they do not give you back a copper line.

SFRANKY Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to Larry for sharing this valuable information.
Larry wrote:
I spent countless hours listening to all the excuses Verizon provided as to why I was unable to fax. Per their instructions I tried 5 different fax machines and repeatedly changed settings on each. Verizon sent techs out on separate occasions concluding that FIOS was working properly and couldn't understand why there was a problem faxing. After several weeks of torture (and my threatening to sue) a Verizon representative came to our home stating that he was "the end of the line", that there was no one else "higher up" in with Verizon organization with the FIOS system. He brought a tech with him and declared that they were not leaving until the problem was solved. Over two hours later the "higher up" did some grumbling, apologized profusely, and determined that there was, in fact, a problem with the Motorola equipment in the switching station. Unable to fix the problem he placed our phone back on the old copper system, maintaining FIOS for internet and television. Have not had a problem since. FIOS is great. Fax works as it should, telephones work without static (had that with DSL), and HDTV is amazing.

SFranky
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,306 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024