web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#194933 09/25/08 08:03 AM
OP Offline
Travis,
I'm not sure what you mean by P2P trunk. Our CTX is only being fed by a single PRI line. We currently have some type of analog card to feed the current Rightfax Setup. we have 4 analog phone lines that plug into an old 4 port analog card in a dell server running rightfax. I think what I'm hearing is there is no way to interface the ctx using some card that has a RJ45 output to an RJ45 input on a digital Brooktrout card. We would just have to go with an 8 port analog card in the CTX an have the ports set like others have said with dtmf integration digits, so when an incoming fax DID number is called the CTX would send it down one of these 8 ports. With this being said I guess we have no choice but to select a fax card for the server that can execept one of those multi line cords with 8 standard telco jacks on one end and a RJ45 on the other, pretty much like what I have now. The cable is a 4 line phone jacks to what looks like a RJ45 that is plugged into our current 4 port analog card. We just need a card for the server that has 8 ports and can handle DIDs. Is my thinking correct?
-Dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#194934 09/25/08 08:35 AM
Wow, I just looked up the Brooktrout card and it is super expensive. To get the brooktrout card and Toshiba T1 card would cost you close to $10k with minimal labor. Maybe they are right. Since you already have four ports, get another four port card for the server and call it a day. BTW, the Toshiba analog card (BSTU/RSTU) comes with eight ports. Unless you're using it for modems and other analog devices, you won't have to buy another card.

If you really want the digital card, you can still use a T1 card in the CTX as a tie-line and use a cross-over, I believe, from the card's 'rj-45' jack to the brooktrout's 'rj-45' jack.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
#194935 09/25/08 08:56 AM
I wasnt really calling it a P2P trunk, just describing it in that sense. I know its not an actual P2P circuit. I wouldnt say its impossible to do the way you want to with the Toshiba system, Im just having a hard time trying to visualize how to make it work that way. Going the analog route, I know how that works and how to make it work. If what Shawn says is correct about the pricing of the Brooktrout card, you would be way better off just going the analog route.

#194936 09/25/08 09:27 AM
I dont know anything about Rightfax but can you answer a question for me can it support Sip ?

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
#194937 09/25/08 09:38 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
I have also set up a 424 with a Castille 8 (analog) port unit.

I'm thinking they want the CLEC to break out the PRI coming in so, for example, 16 channels (tk grp 1) go to the CTX and 8 channels (tk grp 2) go directly to the Brooktrout card. The DID's pointed to trunk group 2 would be routed by the Fax Device internally.

Am I close?

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#194938 09/25/08 09:50 AM
OP Offline
Moggey - I'm not sure if Rightfax can but the digital card I'm looking at can. Brooktrout TR1034+E4H-T1-1N-PCIe-R 4-pt T1/PRI Interface Fax Board - PCI Express Bus. 4-port T1/PRI V.34 or 4 port T.38 IV.17: SIP <--This last item I would guess is Sip. RightFax is just a massive software app for Fax handling. Needs hardware, and can handle many/multiple types of Fax cards. I just need to mate up the best pieces from the CTX670 and the Fax Server/card

Travis & Shawn. Thanks for you input. Yes, the Brooktrout card is not cheap, but does allow for expansion without anything but a port license fee. No card switchouts, etc. But the Analog way sounds like it may be the way we have to go, or at least is much more cost effect unless we are sure we will need more than 8 ports very soon.

Voyager - Hadn't thought of that. Can Paetec do that with a PRI? Send 8 of the channels one way and the rest the other? So they would have to do the DID routing? Route the 20 or however many fax numbers down the tk grp 2. Hmmm wonder if thats possible.

I'm getting a head ache.

#194939 09/25/08 10:36 AM
It was just a thought because the Cix can support Sip on the latest release and we have linked a couple of fax servers in the Uk via this method so you can you route ddi to the fax server through the Cix

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
#194940 09/25/08 12:22 PM
Yes, my customer had PaeTec in Florida. They did just that, sent 16 channels to the InterTel switch for regular voice traffic and sent 8 channels to my T-1 card in the Toshiba. They love it!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024