web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I feel you are getting off on a tangent - but a simple way to define DISA (direct inward system access) is you are at home and need to make a long distance call for work purposes. If set up correctly, you would dial a specific telephone number set up on the DK40i that the system would answer and give you a tone back, you enter a password and recieve internal dial tone, then dial a "9" and your long distance number. Long distance charges will be billed to the office and not your home phone. DISA is not recommended as toll fraud can occur.
Now back to your second post - you are looking at an office move. Is the whole office moving into new digs or are two people just swapping offices? If two people are just switching offices, then all you have to do is swap the 1 pair crossconnect wire at the MDF - no programming involved.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

To me DISA is not used very often. I have used it for troubleshooting, such as dialing 9 to make outgoing calls, or dialing an extension, or entering a system code such as remotely setting call forwarding.

On newer systems a VOIP phone would work better then DISA, but as stated, you could have an employee at home that wants to make calls using the comapny phone lines. Dialing extensions directly is better handled by an auto attendant.

To me the other manual that is a must is the user guide. Lots of problems can be solved with that alone.

The biggest obstical is the terminology. I don't recall another phone system that refers to the primary intercom keys as the PDN. "Hunt Groups" also vary in fuctionality from one type of system to another. As mentioned, the Auto Attendant is one fuction of the voicemail system. One of it's fuctions is to allow callers to enter a menu selection r dial an extension.

Also be aware when asking for help that the voicemail system is not a Strata DK 424, but is either an internal or extenal device or PC.

I was formally trained on the new Toshiba Strata CTX system and had to learn Strata DK to service our old customers. It was an uphill battle but now I can get by as long as I have installation, programing, and users manuals.

OP Offline
@BobRobert - move has already been done. I was hired immediately after it was completed. Any move issues with the phone system seemed to have been ironed out as of now.

My main problem right now is new hires - setting up a new phone, creating a mailbox for the new phone.

We also have a "Hunt Group" that changes at night that I occasionally need to doctor to make sure inappropriate people aren't within the "Hunt Group"

Lastly, there is a Night Mode function which is in effect for 30 minutes from 5:30pm to 6:00pm when our office closes. Our receptionist leaves for the night and turns on the night mode to redirects all incoming calls directly to the "Hunt Group" for staff in the back. The problem is one of the extensions that should not be a member of the "Hunt Group" suddenly seems to be a part of it once Night mode is selected. I need to get him off. Other than that, I have to start learning the system. I can't count on the service consultant to be available all the time.

@newtecky - I downloaded the Strata DK Digital Telephone User Guide, is that the one you are referring to for the Strata DK424? Or this some other user guide I should be looking at? Our 20 button handsets are the Toshiba DKT2020-SD. The 10 button handsets are the DKT2010-SD. Our receptionist has a DDDSS2060.

PDN = Intercom - thanks, that's truly helpful. Concerning access the DISA, it refers to the [DN]. Is that also another button on the phone? If so, which one - if it's not one of the programmable flexibles.

Thanks so much for all your responses. I don't feel as daunted now.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I believe you mean "Ring Group" and not "Hunt Group". There's a difference. On a DK, a ring group is created using either secondary DNs or phantom DNs. The easiest way to remove the station from the ring group is to note what button on his phone flashes on the group call and then change the button.

The Digital telephone user guide is the correct on for the DKT2020 and the DKT 2010. for me is was helpfull in answering a lot of customer questions when I was learning the system. Of course you still need the programing guide to make any changes.

A hunt group in the system is a group the rolls over from one extension to another, if the 1st is busy for example. The voicemail ports for example would be in a hunt group. If one port is busy, the 2nd port would ring, ext. It would alway ring only one extension until it answers or call forwarding kicks in.

There are various way a call could ring a phone. In the case of line appearances, where the CO lines appear on the phones, you could changing the ringing of an extension using program 81 through 89, dependin on if it is immediate and which mode, Day, day 2 (if used) and Night.

DN means Directory Number which is the extension number. PDN is Primary directory number, which can be translated to Intercom. Then on a phone you can have Phantom DN's and Seconday DN's, as referenced above.

OP Offline
@phonemeister - you are correct - I did mean Ring Group. Sorry for the confusion. As my first point, specified - the terminology is sometimes elusive or functions very closely related to give me a bit of a brain freeze. I'll attempt to note the line that is ringing tonight.

Thanks much for the tip.

@newtecky - Great. Not only do I have the correct Digital Telephone user guide, but I have the programming guide as well. Kudos for me.

Progams 81~89 are the Ground/Loop Start/CO Line Station Ringing?

Originally posted by honthraj:

Progams 81~89 are the Ground/Loop Start/CO Line Station Ringing?
Yes, but this would assume you have lines appearing on each phone that corrispond to regular analog CO lines (POTS lines). If you had a T1 then this would not be how you control rining of the extensions. You would probabaly have a Phantom DN as Phonemeiseter mentioned. Prg 39 would get rid of the phantom and stop the ringing.

OP Offline
Program 39 - Flexible Button Assignments?

OP Offline
@phonemeister - Just checked with the user. Says that the buttons that light up are various. Indication of a Hunt Group in Night Mode?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Well, the first thing you need to do is figure out if the buttons that are lighting up when the affected phone is ringing are DN buttons or trunk line appearances. Use program 39 to find out. If the buttons are DNs, then use prog *71 to remove ringing. If they're line appearances, use prog 81 through 89.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,770
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (R4+Z, mongo5150, justbill, MooreTel, SSPhone), 151 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024