Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#202107 09/05/10 04:47 AM
JoelM Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sure I'm getting the Toshiba terminology all wrong, so I apologize in advance.

I need to have about 50 or so extensions go straight to voicemail, without having an actual physical phone. I'd like them to not use a physical port, either. Right now, I've been taking physical ports and simply forwarding all calls from that port to the voicemail box, which works, but requires a physical port to do this.

Basically, I want a station user to be able to pick up their phone, dial a 3 digit extension for one of these "fake extensions" and end up in the voicemail system for that fake extension.

If it matters, the system interfaces to the VM box via a basic analog card (8 ports). The VM is listening for the Strategy VM tones (it is not a Strategy VM) to determine which box was called. I have around 150 physical ports in the system.

Is there a way to do this that doesn't require a physical port on the system?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How about having the user dial the vmail pilot number and then dial a 3 digit extension. Create a mailbox for this entension and put the mailbox in DND. There is no need for a physical extension if done this way.

JoelM Offline OP
OP Offline
That's exactly how I'm handling it now - but the downside of using the pilot number + extension approach is that the users need to know which extensions are transferred that way and which extensions are transferred the "traditional" way. I suppose I could always buy a few more cards off of E-Bay, set them up to forward the calls, and be done with it - but I was hoping for something a bit more elegant.

Phantom Ns would occupy a button on a phone, but not a port. To set these up you would have to have some programming knowledge.

JoelM Offline OP
OP Offline
I've never set up a phantom on a Toshiba before, but I've done plenty of other tasks on it, so I think I will be able to figure it out.

It looks like this will work - I see there's a limit on number of phantom's per phone (8), but I have probably 10 ports that currently forward to VM that I could use (all are digital phone ports).

To set them up, it looks like I would use program *04 (link the PhDN port to a logical extension), 33 (set the PhDN Owner phone), and 39 (set up the buttons).

I'm assuming that to set up call forwarding on these, I'd hit the phantom's button on the phantom owner phone, then dial the code to forward all calls and the voicemail hunt number.

Originally posted by JoelM:
I've never set up a phantom on a Toshiba before, but I've done plenty of other tasks on it, so I think I will be able to figure it out.

It looks like this will work - I see there's a limit on number of phantom's per phone (8), but I have probably 10 ports that currently forward to VM that I could use (all are digital phone ports).

To set them up, it looks like I would use program *04 (link the PhDN port to a logical extension), 33 (set the PhDN Owner phone), and 39 (set up the buttons).

I'm assuming that to set up call forwarding on these, I'd hit the phantom's button on the phantom owner phone, then dial the code to forward all calls and the voicemail hunt number.
You got it...

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
I'd put these PhDNs on buttons 11-20 on a 10 button set and you won't have to worry about CFAll being accidentally canceled. Just temporarily plug a 20 button phone in to set the CFAll and VMID and then just plug the 10 button set back in.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by JoelM:

You will also need prog 04 since you cannot have the same DN in prog 04 and *04. And yes, there is a maximum of 8 PhDN that you can assign per port.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,348 Shoretel
188,998 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 144 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024