web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
DSS over Stratanet has to be programmed in the I/O devices which I suspect hasn't been done on your node which is why the DSS button does not light up.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Phonemeister has just beat me to it..

That is just what I was going to say.
Eris you did not say these systems were part of a Stratanet as the network DSS functionality need to be programmed to do network DSS keys.

Check the network DN table to see if 205 is listed under node 101.
Check the remote node data for 101 has been created and an I/O port for your node and node 101 has been created.

Do any other network node DSS keys work??

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Gentlemen,

I thank you for your assistance. I will check these items mentioned and program them accordingly (and report back with my findings). We do have other offices programmed for DSS keys but I didn't do the initial installation and haven't encountered this issue yet (I'm not a total rookie, but I also don't have a ton of experience yet). I wasn't intentionally leaving out information; just didn't know to include it.

Thanks again, it is greatly appreciated.

Eric

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Eric, I wasnt having a go at you but it helps to get the full picture in the first post as it helps diagnose what the issue might be.

Check the network DN table first as this is why you got the error when you entered 205 as it should just be 205 because the system knows what that the extn 205 resides at node 101.

Take a look at some of the othr nodes that have it working and compare it to you site in question.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Carl, my apologies for appearing snippy. It wasn't intentional at all.

I am on a mission to get this thing working correctly today and you've been a great help to me. I am very appreciative for your input. Checking the various locations now and will get back with the results.

OP Offline
This is frustrating. lol

I checked the I/O Device Table and the DSS is programmed on Device Number 500. There's nothing in the LAN Connection Port Index, Type, Port, Client IP, or RS232 Serial Port fields.

The Network DN Table only has 850 (voice mail) for a Network DN and 100 (the corporate office phone system) for the Node ID. When I attempt to create a new Network DN record, I get: VBScript: CTX/CIX Error "CTX Error: (0x339aff) Facility=0,Severity=0,Command=661, Error Code=51,Data=255 The number entered can't be used, because this number is used in the numbering plan, DKT, etc. <Abort> <Retry> <Ignore>

Sharpening my knife to slit my wrists now... help

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Yeah the best thing to do is check the internal numbering plan to see what is programmed on that node with the AA phone on it.
If you try and create a network extn of 205 and it clashes with something in the internal numbering plan you will get the error.

If your network DN table only has 2 entries in it then some didnt do it correctly in the first place.

On the nodes that the DSS keys are working OK they must have done the I/O device, network DN and the remote node data.

In I/O device set Device 500 to LAN and Port 12
Then in Lan device set it as UDP and give it a Server Port No of eg 1111

Then in the other nodes you need to set the remote node data create the new site node number with the CPU IP address and port 1111
This needs to be done on all nodes.

But you have to sort the internal numbering plan first...

Does the network have a VPN for remote access as you might need someone to do it for you locally remotely if you need help.
keep us informed.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
I guess something unorthodox was done then. I compared nodes and the values are all very similar in nature. Looks like it's time to contact support. IF we get a solution, I will let y'all know what it was.

Thank you again, sir.

Eric

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Are you sure the DSS keys are lighting up on the other nodes?
If they are not you can still use it to call the extn or transfer a call to them.

Regards
Carl
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Curlycord, BPopilek), 64 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024