web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Oh I know users. I have had people ask me to disable th "Easy Drop" feature because they felt like people could listen in to them.

If you have it set to ring, then when a user dials say 201, then the phone will start ringing. If they then press 1 or press the key onder the display that says "Talk", then they can talk throught the speaker as you discibed earlier. This can be disabled in the COS (CLass of Service".

Toshiba did come out with user softwqare called My Phone Manager, that allows the user to make changes to their own phone. It does need to be run on another PC, like emanager. For people that have a MAS voicemail, it comes pre loaded.

If a customer already has the phone manager, I let them know. Most people do not seem that interested in letting their users control their phone. A small number of people do like it though.

Emanager controls everything about the phone system. Without knowing what you are doing, there is potential to cause big problems. There was a post about a guy that deleted one mailbox and now he can't log into any voicemail boxes.

I won't say that you should not be able to make changes on your own system, but just use caution.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I understand this post was from a Very VERY long time ago... but I am having the same issue with my phone extension as stated above... Whats the best/easiest way to go about this???

It seems that my previous post had a lot of spelling mistakes.

In order to change your extension to ring first when call from another extension, there has to be a change in the system programming. Do you have a Toshiba dealer that you have worked with?

Most changes will need to be done using software that connects to the phone system. This software is only made available from Toshiba to dealers .

I know that this is a simple change request, but this isn't a change that can be made at the user level.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,320 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024