web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a STS with auto attendant, about 6 months old. The vendor we bought from isn't much help on this. Randomly, if I delete all my voicemail, the display will still show messages and the VM light will still blink. Leaving a message on my extension and then deleting it doesn't fix the problem, and neither does unplugging the phone and plugging it back in. The malfunction appears to go away after a day or two, when this does happen. Thoughts???

Also, I know this is minor, but leads me to suspect our voicemail unit: if I check the timestamp on a message(again, randomly), I SWEAR it will tell me "pm", and i'll think, 'that can't be right'... so I check the timestamp again, and it will say "am". Anyone else had this happen? Please tell me i'm not going crazy.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Do you know what type or brand of voice mail system you are using? That might be helpful in determining the source of the problem. Your problem is very common with many different voice mail systems, hence my question.

We need you to complete your profile before anyone here is going to be able to assist further. Thanks!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
It's a Vodavi Starplus STS unit, model 3500-01, with Digitalks, Inc. Vodavi System V70 Flash Voicemail. We have 8 stations. Two 24 button display phones, and six 8 button non-display phones. I have one of the displays, with the voicemail indicator lights on top. Does this help?

It sounds to me like your installer didn't initialize the voice mail card during installation. These things pick up various static discharges while in transit and during installation and the only way to ensure that they are stable for installation is to initialize them. This is not a do-it-yourself operation. It requires a laptop to be connected with the appropriate software.

Upon initialization, most everything will be lost so greetings, etc. will require re-recording. If you are truly not satisfied with your local dealer, please go to www.Vodavi.com to locate another. It's a stable product, but just like a car, it's only as good as the mechanic who works on it.

Oh, and many thanks for completing your profile. It helps us to know who we are helping.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks! The answer that I got from my installer when I called him was to try unplugging the phone, and while it is unplugged, to reboot the system, then plug the phone back in. I will try this when we close the office today and post results.

I think ev is correct about the initializing part. I have installed a couple of these flash voice mail cards and they will do some crazy things now and then if you do not perform that step.

willahlborn are you sure it is a voice mail giving you the indication? It could be a message waiting that was sent by another user, they turn the same light on in many instances.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 117 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024