web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I assume it is a single line machine which will hook into a co line, you should have mentioned it to the tech while he was there, it would warrant another service call as he will have to come out and set up a jack to share line 1.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
As well he'll have to make another service call. When did you bring out the answering machine, after he left???

This isn't a Ronco infomercial (but wait there's more). Your first "professional" screwed up if you had all of the equipment in place in that he didn't provide for the analog device. If it wasn't there, it must be your fault. At any rate, service techs can't read your mind, he came to reprogram the system and based on what you told him, did so. If you told him you had an answering machine and it didn't work, he would have made it work. Since you didn't he couldn't read your mind.

Work it out between the two, but plan on paying the second guy or the first.

Carl

OP Offline
Thanks Carl. I needed to be beat up because I forgot to have them do my answering machine.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you might be able to get a trillium panther opx unit. converts key phone to slt for answering machines, cordless phones etc... will answer any line coming in,one at a time of course.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Admin
Admin
Originally posted by bschelle:
I found a REAL tech and he repaired all of the mistakes the other guy did and all is well. I went to hook up my digital answering machine and now it will not answer at all. Does it need a special extension or programing? I just had it plugged into a jack in my old office and it worked fine! I emailed the tech and asked him but I think he wants to make another office call to make the machine work. He has not responded to my email yet.
Bill.
Off the top of my head, there are two systems that allow you to plug a single line device into a key system port and have it function properly and the Panther isn't one of them :-)

I'm not here to beat you up, but you pretty much said in this post that you plugged it into a jack in your old office and it worked fine. I know that all 6 position jacks look alike, but you can't plug a Panther phone into a jack at home and you can't plug an answering machine into a Panther jack. Yet you made it seem like it was a crime that the tech "wanted to make another service call". How do you propose he give you a single line jack tied to line 1 if he is in his office and you are in yours?

If that's the worst beating you get in a week, be glad. Pay one of the guys their money or do it yourself and chalk it up to experience.

I'm thinking that $30-50 spread out over the life of this system isn't a whole lot since the Panther has to be about 15 years old.

Carl

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
There is a opx available for the panther systems. and it is fine for the likes of a answering machine, cordless, or long line.
this is a converter that plugs in to key port and gives out a slt port, it interfaces with the system as a key phone. the goldstar GSX series had one as well and it worked fine.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Admin
Admin
Those OPX boxes you refer to for Panther are rare around here, but a search of the internet shows that maybe some are available.

I don't remember when Mitel discontinued the product(at least 15 years ago), but I have 4 systems in my customer base and I only installed two of them and they were used.

It the original poster had one, it probably go lost in the shuffle.

Carl

OP Offline
Will I need a Trillium Tech to set up a jack to share line 1? Reason being the Trillium Tech is 60 miles away and hard to schedule.

Admin
Admin
If you're going with the answering machine plugged into line 1, no. Anyone who knows how to wire jacks can break out a pair at the location you specify and wire line 1 to it.

Carl, don't write back if he screws it up :-)

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Where in Lake County are you? I know of a small company in Buffalo Grove that might help you out if it was just hooking up a jack to line 1 for an answering machine.

There's not too many people left that even know what a Trillium 1032 is--much less work on one and program it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024