Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
$89 to answer a simple question??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
well trying to find things out for myself is sometimes worth it to me...I'm cheap! laugh

Hmm, I have not seen one in a long enough time to remember enough to help. Sounds odd though. I would email Bizfon for a dealer in LA, they can set you up with someone that can help you.

Just a note, either model phone can receive calls and transfer them to the appropriate extension. Bizfon is kind of misleading on that. The main difference is that the line mode allows you to see the lines also, the call does not; but either one lets you answer the phone and then press TRANSFER, dial the extension (or hit the button for them), and hang up or announce the call before it goes through. But either one should work for you.

Steve

Hi all,

The Biztouch 3 phones you've received probably aren't defective. The Biztouch 3 is a hybrid phone and isn't strictly analog - it also communicates with the Bizfon 680 directly for a lot of things and won't function right without it.

If a Biztouch 3 is plugged directly into an analog line you'll be able to make 1 call, then you'll have to unplug the phone line and plug it back into the back of the phone.

There are a couple reasons it could not work on your Bizfon 680, the most likely of which is that your software is old and from before the Biztouch 3 was released, so the system is treating it as an analog phone. In this case you would need to call or email Bizfon and get a software upgrade if possible, some of the really old units can't be upgraded though and the hardware would have to be switched out... we don't see too many of these anymore though.

The second possibility is that the control unit is damaged, there's a different path in the hardware for Biztouch 3 phones compared to analog phones, so if the Biztouch 3 path is damaged that could cause phones to act like this... it's pretty uncommon though.

When everything's working right, a Biztouch 3 shouldn't ask you to set the type of phone, the system should auto detect it, so being asked to press settings is the big clue from these symptoms.

Hope this helps.

bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks BizTech. I'll give you guys a call later today.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024