web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
We currently have VRUs using Dialogic analog integration. We are upgrading to digital Dialogic cards, model D/82JCT. On the digital system which I testing I can call any of my channels and the VRU answers. However, the VRU won't respond to any digits from any Rolmphone. If I call out and back in via trunks it's fine, as it is from analog phones dialing directly. When I call another Rolmphone from an RP400, answer, then enter digits from the RP400 I get 'not possible' on the display. I don't hear anything on the receiving Rolmphone - but do if I call an analog phone, as expected. I wonder if there's a parameter or other setting that needs to be modified. We have many of the same digital VRUs connected to Rolm 9751s where the integration works fine.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just realized we may be out of luck. I remembered with Phonemail the 9006 uses an SLMS card, so maybe out of band digit recognition isn't possible with 2 SLMR channels. I could probably set up individual voicemail access channels by connecting an analog line into a trunk port dedicated to the voicemail access extensions. There's also an AMO I don't have access to with my rsca login, I think it's PURFT. That would display whether the Phonemail option is enabled, if that's required.

Try adding indtmf to the Rolmphone COS, or creating a new COS with that flag if other phones are using the same COS as your channels.
Not saying it's going to work but it's worth a try.

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately INDTMF isn't a choice in the system. Sounds like a good idea though.

Try loging on using the RMX port, or direct amo selection of the main menu, to dis-purft.

Tele-Net Technologies
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes - I was also thinking that command is accessible from RMX. It isn't from direct amo. I just had someone call Rolmphone to Rolmphone on a Rolm 9751 and press digits. I was told the other end 'heard beeps' - don't know if that was generic keypad tones or actual DTMF. Seems there must be a parameter or something to make it work. We have many Rolm 9751s using the same digital VRU/Dialogic card with no trouble with Rolmphone access.

Did a little research and it looks like you need Optisets for the intergration on the 9006. What flavor is the 9006?

Tele-Net Technologies
Edit for the above post: I mean SLMO ports when I said Optisets, not SLMR ports.

Tele-Net Technologies
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately it's an old 9006.3 where SLMOs aren't supported. The Dialogic documentation references the SLMR card and setting up a RP400, so it would seem this would work. I know the PURFT - PHONMAIL setting is NO, for the heck of it I wanted to see what happened if I did an ADD-SBCSU, it returned an error of course with that info. We're so close - transfers work fine and are seamless. The VRU/Voicemail we're integrating this was developed in house - quite a slick system at the fraction of the cost of a Siemens Xpressions, with similar features. Do you know if Octel uses Dialogic cards or their own? Probably not since I see the documentation specifies RP400 and analog channels.

Oh a 9006.3. That explains why indtmf can't be added to the COS. Not sure about the Octel using dialogic cards but I think the newer ones might. Wasn't Octel bought by someone?

Tele-Net Technologies

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 140 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024