web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The major change was I removed my COI(8) cards and put in one COID(8) card. The old cards were placed in Slots 7&8 the new card is in Slot 3. This makes the first CO#17.

I've reviewed all of the posts regarding phone not ringing. The button blinks red(I'm testing CO18 which is assigned to LK2) but does not ring.

I've checked my day/night blocks.

Ring Assignment appears to be setup 4-01

All buttons are set for Immediate Ring.

I've been working on this for quite some time. Not all of the memory block programming is memoarable to me yet so forgive the lack of "I've tried..."

Please help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
BTW, my called id doesn't work either, but then again these phones aren't ringing. I gather, only the caller id is displayed IF the phone is actually ringing. When I pick up it doesn't display either.

what slots were the coi8's in before you moved them?

the 1st co port all depends on what card was assigned 1st in 7-1.

if you just replaced the coi8 card with a coid8 and didn't change it in 7-1 then callerid won't work.

OP Offline
They were in slots 7 & 8. Now the only card is a COID(8) and it is in slot 3. I've configured Slot 3 to COID 8 and all other slots are NON. However, slot 0A (accessible through 9) is configured as MIFA. Not sure what to do with that.

Pressing Speaker, and 9 does pull up LK2, CO18. LK1 is assigned to CO17. These do work, but won't ring when phone is on hook.

[This message has been edited by looknow12 (edited July 09, 2005).]

Check your ring assignment again (MB 4-1 and 4-2). If you have a 16 button phone, you will have to "scroll" the pages for the LK buttons to show CO17 and upwards.

Unfortunately, each time you swap out cards, eventhough the port numbers appears to be the same, you still have to reprogram all the other MB's that are affected. Otherwise, these MB's are reset to "default" state, and I bet that RA is turned off for CO17 and C018 for your port. (Make sure you confirm the port number that you are dealing with too, just in case.)

With regard to your MIFA allocation in MB7-1, 0A is the ISA slot, if I am not mistaken. Do you have this card in there? if the slot is empty, then you should set it to "non".

To get your caller ID going, check in COS MB1-8-08 to make sure that all them settings are enabled. Also, I think there's a limit of 15 stations that you can show caller ID info on, and it has to be set specifically in one of the MB's.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by looknow12:
They were in slots 7 & 8. Now the only card is a COID(8) and it is in slot 3. I've configured Slot 3 to COID 8 and all other slots are NON. However, slot 0A (accessible through 9) is configured as MIFA. Not sure what to do with that.

Pressing Speaker, and 9 does pull up LK2, CO18. LK1 is assigned to CO17. These do work, but won't ring when phone is on hook.

[This message has been edited by looknow12 (edited July 09, 2005).]
</font>

OP Offline
Ahh!!! Excellent. That did it.

It's a lesson for all the kiddies out there. When I originally went to Day Mode and configured it, I misread the programming sheet on it. I'd thought I was simply configuring which Line Keys I wanted to make ringable per Station. I had figured this logically because I had already programmed everyone's phone LK1 and LK2 as CO17 and CO18 respectable.

Instead, what you're supposed to do is light up the LK keys to correspond to the CO number and yes page 3 starts CO17 (never made it that far).

Thank you very much New2Nec, you made me look again, and I appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by looknow12 (edited July 10, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by looknow12 (edited July 10, 2005).]

Thank you looknow12 for coming back and posting what you learned! I was making the same mistake--and opened a new topic before I read your message this morning. Sure enough--the phones now ring!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,008 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, highlysecptial, justbill), 136 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024