Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The TS44 Deluxe & Pro seem to be bug free. True they don't have the 3V cell, but my Deluxe doesn't suffer from the problem mentioned by Tom N.

Once the 9V wears out, open the unit, replace the battery and you're good to go.

I Love FEATURE 00
The TS45S I'm using now has no problems either.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Ok, the operation was a success. Now I'll do the same to the other one.

...except when I go off hook the dialtone is low...

I had that problem too. What I found is that you need to be careful about how you reassemble. I had the rubber gasket that fits between the receiver element and the housing on the transmitter assembly by mistake. It seems that if the receiver is not sealed to the housing by it you get low volume for some reason. Hopefully something like that is causing your problem.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
When I replaced the battery in my TS22AL I went to Radio Shack and bought a 2032 (3v) battery socket and soldered that in on the circuit board. Next time it goes out it will be a simple open the phone and out with the old in with the new and I will be ready to go.

Scott
I considered doing that but as far as I know nobody makes a battery holder that has the same footprint as the 2032 battery with tabs. The board has three plated through hole locations for the battery, the battery holders only need two in a straight line. That means modifying a double sided board that has the entire area under the battery on the component side as a solid copper plane connected to the (-) side of the battery. The (+) side is fed through to to a trace on the bottom of the board. Certainly could be done but to me would be too unreliable because there is no pad to hold one end in place. It's easy enough to desolder and replace the battery as long as the conformal coating is removed where it needs to be. But just that fact means that the butt set is not as weather resistant as it once was, really the conformal coating should be touched up (which I didn't). A battery holder makes that impossible and is a point of failure.

-Hal

Originally posted by dexman:
The TS44 Deluxe & Pro seem to be bug free. True they don't have the 3V cell, but my Deluxe doesn't suffer from the problem mentioned by Tom N.

Once the 9V wears out, open the unit, replace the battery and you're good to go.
Very good to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe the battery problem with the TS22 explains why so many of them are on ebay for cheap?

Jack

The question is more important than the answer.
Bingo!

-Hal

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,328 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024