web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This may be a question for the Nitsuko board. I have a customer with an NEC 124i system. I have programmed it before but it has been several years ago. I don't recall having any problems.
When trying to access the program mode by dialing the program entry code, as soon as I press the # button I get error tone. I don't get to the password entry. I have tried it from the first port X301 as well as other ports. I thought maybe someone had not exited from the program mode and tried re-setting the system but this didn't help. Any suggestions?
I have software for PC programming but do not have the adapter needed. I found a wiring diagram for the adapter but could not find the 8-pin circular mini-DIN connector at my local electronics supplier. Does anyone know where I can purchase the adapter?

Note from NEC moderator, Keighlar: Please remember passwords are not allowed in the open forums. Keep that in mind when responding to this post. Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
old system , could be the processor has just gone south .

Ive seen it before

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Is that extension set to auto line selection? If it is you can't access the system without turning that off first.

When you attempt to enter the login, are you pressing xxx prior to entering the password?

Note from Keighlar: Yes he is, eriway. It's when he enters the initial # in this string that he is getting the error tone.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
OP Offline
The phones aren't set for auto line selection. When pressing the CALL1 button the speaker button lights and I hear ICM dial tone.
When I press CALL1 then #, I receive error tone and can't go any further.

The access code is not hard encoded and can be changed easily, if you know what it is. I think most techs would never change that code, just the password.
I would spend a few minutes trying some other codes that don't conflict, like "*#*#" etc.
Otherwise you may be forced to default and start over. It may be worth a quick call to NEC before you do that.

Sounds like someone has programmed 11-01 for the # key to be a 1 digit service code, only option is to dial in remotely and change programming back..... or to cold start and reprogran the switch..

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,759
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,429 Shoretel
188,198 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (RATHER BE FISHING), 82 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024