Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#257666 07/13/07 05:03 AM
OP Offline
I was just in there yesterday and am pretty sure that it is set to wait for more digits. I will have to check that along with my list of other things to check while I am down there.

As I was reading the manual, I cma across a snippet for return busy/rna for the trans.txt file to add "*"; example - "ext=ext8". Not practical to do for every extension. Looking at the vm call transfer screen, I just have a "!" in the "return from busy", "rna", and return from call screening" fields for both internal and external. Should I change that to "!,*"? Still does not explain why it works during the day but not at night, but worth a shot. The "use transfer bypass digit" is set to "last digit".

Thanks again.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#257667 07/13/07 05:43 AM
The TRANS.NIT file is a possibility but someone would have needed to intentionally create it and leave it busted for night mode... but that's possible. If I understand what you want to do, you should be able to just delete the TRANS.NIT and it should use the TRANS.TXT file and handle it in the same way it does during the day.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
#257668 07/13/07 06:26 AM
OP Offline
I am going to try and renaming trans.nit to transold.nit. I hesistate to delete it without knowing why it was created since I am not the original installer.

I think some of my problems stem from the fact that someone busted my system and wee had to do PBXsetup. I think it wiped the original trans.txt and trans.nit with default copies. I have a backup though and am going to look at the translations as soon as I figure out how to restore the catalog in XP or Vista. My vm cannot be down long enough or me to do it on the box itself. If I can't restore in XP or Vista I will have to set up another DOS box to restore the catalog to look at the files.

Thanks again.

#257669 07/21/07 02:43 AM
Sory for coming in late. Have you resloved the problem? A PBX setup will wipeout the trans.txt but you should have everything in trans.old. I am willing to bet all your trouble is with the Trans.*.* files.

#257670 07/30/07 07:13 AM
OP Offline
Sorry, I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks.

I agree that the problem is with the trans.* files. I still have to look at it. First day back and I got hit with other stuff. Before I left, I did see that the backup files were different but that's all the further I got with it.

I should be able to take a gander by week's end. I'll post what I find.

Thanks.

#257671 09/02/07 05:52 PM
Try dialing ** when the call is Transferred

#257672 09/04/07 02:06 AM
OP Offline
Although that may work, it is not a good solution. First, how would all incoming callers know to do that. Second, how do I explain it to my boss. I may as well updae my resume now.

I still have yet to play with the trans.* files. Being the only tech support for my org. makes it hard to get around to smaller things. We are running exclusively in day mode for now. Although we don't have the option of a separate "night" greeting, calls are at least transferred appropriately without the need for additional user intervention.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 148 guests, and 212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024