web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#259657 10/18/05 07:04 AM
The DS3 Express is available from Pulsecom (www.pulse.com). The unit permits DS3 transport over 4 twisted pairs - they be indoor pairs (like Cat 3) our outdoor cable: the units include integral lightning surge protection. Range is up to 1 mile with a repeater, or half a mile without a repeater.

Pulsecom
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#259658 04/16/06 03:04 AM
Alright I'm stumped on this one~~~~~~

Sprint brought in fiber off the SONET Ring to the MPOE to the DS3 MUX and broke it back out via copper to their protector terminal for DMARC. The termination block is four wire 66 type punch down for the individual Voice & Data provisioned T1 circuits. NO SMART JACKS as we are accustomed too. So far have four data circuits turned up and bonded all four in router. I have built a patch cable for each circuit and terminated on LEC'S block and going straight thru to pins 1,2 & 4,5 of CPE . Plug into router and it greens up with rock and high rolling bandwidth.

Now here is the million dollar question until next week when my 5 Voice PRI circuits are turned up:

How are the voice PRI circuits going to function without the Smart Jack?? Voice PRI 's are going to Comdial MP5 Hub. I know you can't have two different type of termination scenarios, i.e. the already installed data and attempt to smart jack the voice side out of the DS3 MUX. Is there something new here we are not aware of technology wise on fiber??

Everyone I have talked too has never seen or heard of any of this.

#259659 04/16/06 04:44 AM
I must not be understanding your question correctly . Because I would terminate them the same way you did with the data circuits , no smarts jacks required .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
#259660 04/16/06 05:38 AM
I think what I'm hearing is he want the T1 jack to plug into his T1 card in the system. If there are no T1 output jacks on the back of the DS3 MUX I'm not sure how he would do it.

Retired phone dude
#259661 04/16/06 06:13 AM
Are they providing you with 5 individual PRI'S off the DS3 ? That is how we normally receive ours , then SBC terminates and lables them at the copper demark either wire wrap or punch down . We then use 2 25 pr cat5 cables 1 for transmit and 1 for receive and terminate our end to a patch panel to connect to our equipment . But 1 picture is worth 1 thousand words . So I must not being seeing your setup correctly .

#259662 04/16/06 07:58 PM
Bill you captured all points. The protector terminal has 28 columns (vertically) with 4 pins horizonitally making up the 28 circuits for the DS3. Current working 4 data circuits are first four rows. Voice PRI's are provisioned on rows 11 thru 15 but not turned up at this time. Next week I'm setting the MP5 Hub rack and will call for turn up and testing. Again Bill you were correct in patching by plugging directly into 5 separate TI-PRI circuit cards on the switch. So far I'm not understanding the logic or practicality of being able to hard wire from the MUX for data and voice both when I've always only known voice needing the Smart Jack between the DS3 and MP5 switch. No one yet has been able to say yes Harley the smart jack circuits have been incorporated within the DS3 MUX. Next week tells it all. Thought maybe Mezzoni would step up to the plate on this by now, but he must still be looking for his Easter Eggs that "tricky rabbit" hid.

#259663 04/17/06 03:37 AM
Well the smart Jack is just to condition the T-1 where as the DS3 (T3) is conditioned through the mux so that's no big deal. So if your saying all T-1's are brought out on pins all you have to do is punch down or wrap the pin end than wire yourself a mod jack for your system cards. I'm ASSUMING..yep I know what that does, since you say there are 28 columns that's the 28 T1's on the T3

After typing this and re-reading your post, I think you already know most of this.

One more thing..Harley the conditioning that was provided by the smart jack for each T-1 is now provided in the T3 MUX... laugh

Retired phone dude
#259664 04/17/06 03:43 AM
I think in my first post on this I stated no smart required .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must not be understanding your question correctly . Because I would terminate them the same way you did with the data circuits , no smarts jacks required .
Thanks smile

#259665 04/17/06 03:50 AM
Just like you said DrJ..Just wasn't listening. :toast:

Retired phone dude
#259666 04/17/06 10:33 AM
Okay guys here is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say:

The DS3 does not require Smart Jacks to condition the voice or data circuits as I'm spoiled on, so yes OBTW now I can applaud your initial post and agree with ya man. The circuits are virtually conditioned within this DS3 which eliminates the physical presence of Smart Jacks. All this I was unaware of until spending 3 hours online with Sprint A & S and SSO. I was trying to bring up my five PRI voice circuits today with no success because they were provisioned incorrectly, even providing all info. Provisioned for NI1 instead of NI2 which is required for the Comdial Switch.

Unaware of all this is what prompted my posting prior to starting turn up of the voice PRI circuits. So Bill and OBTW you were the only knowledgeable responses and thanks for your input. I was trying to obtain and understand the no Smart Jack engineering prior to today.

Bill I'm going to probably be coming thru Chadron again this summer. Last June I didn't stop because we were trying to out run a storm that had been beating down on us all the way from Sturgis. The storm finally let loose on us just before Dalton and only had 18 miles yet to Sidney. I bought a new bike on April Fools so I'm anxious to put some highway against the rubber.

HARLEYMAN

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024