web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
On rereading I realize now that you are more concerned that the line is able to be used rather than actually in use. Short of usuing an autodialer to call another of your CO's that can log the calls each day there is probably no reliable way to do this that wouldn't violate a TOS agreement or FCC regs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Short of usuing an autodialer to call another of your CO's that can log the calls each day there is probably no reliable way to do this that wouldn't violate a TOS agreement or FCC regs.
how would making a weekly or daily test call "violate
TOS agreement or FCC Regs" ? :shrug:

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
how would making a weekly or daily test call "violate
TOS agreement or FCC Regs" ?

It wouldn't. But without using an autodialer to do so the verification system is being left to the human element to be performed, thus adding the element of unreliability.

The device wanebo is talking about is a ITW Linx LXSCP-1 with a loop current indicator. It will also indicate if the phone is off-hook or if there is a short on the line. Being that on-hook voltage is 48vdc any lamp installed in a phone will work. The only problem is that if a phone receives calls the 90 volts will blow the lamp. I also have 40 available for sale.

The device wanebo is talking about is a ITW Linx LXSCP-1 with a loop current indicator. It will also indicate if the phone is off-hook or if there is a short on the line. Being that on-hook voltage is 48vdc any lamp installed in a phone will work.
but that wont verify that dialtone is present or that the line is able to used it will only verify voltage is present

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
That's true. I don't know of any way to indicate the presence of dialtone without actually going off-hook. Of course there is no guarantee the dial tone won't be lost, especially during a storm or any other cause to cut, knock down phone lines, equip. failure, etc. I did an experiment using an SCP-1 and it does not lite while on-hook or flash on ringing. I did use a standard red LED with a 10K 1/2 watt resister paralleled across t/r and it works fine. This may not be the answer, but at least it will indicate if it is live. So, during their inspection if they see a phone with a dead lite they can go off-hook to check. And of course, safety inspectors seldom leave anything in doubt.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
We used to replace the bridging clips on a 66 block demarc with tricolor LEDs. If the line was polarized correctly (very important with ground start trunks!) it glowed green. If telco flipped polarity it would glow red and it would flash yellow on incoming ring.

I haven't thought about that much since we've moved away from analog ckts but it might help. Of course as Skip said, it would only verify current not DT on the line.

I still say the best way to test it is to use it regularly. That'll also test the dials and ringers too.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
There may be a problem with testing if the lines are true power failure(live when system is powered down). You would have to manually power down and that would be a SLIGHT inconvenience to say the least. If not, then that would be the most efficient verification process.

PI

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, Professor Shadow), 131 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024