web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Having trouble setting up call divert. I want all incoming external calls to divert to my cellphone when I'm out of the office.

I have read the previous post on this subject(Divert all calls to an external number problem 05-02-2005) but it hasn't worked for me.

We have 2 x BRI using 706/5/4/3
We use 12 button phones, only 4 handsets connected extensions 201/2/3/4
Trunk access code 9

So far

Open programming TRSF xxx code enable

MMC102

Set all 16 extensions to 5 EXT 9-(external no.)

All displays now show FWD to External

Next MMCxxx set all trunks (701-706) to ring only my extension 203

First problem is that all the extensions still ring even though I have set both day and night to ring only 203 ??

Second problem in MMCxxx it's set up for 701 to use 702 and all the others to use 701 and it won't let me save any changes to this. I can save "dial yes" or "dial no", but I can't save a set up, say 703 to use 704 ??

The system still works exactly as it did before I performed the changes. ie. All the handsets still ring when there's an incoming call and they don't divert to the number I've set up?

Can you help please :confused:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1st problem. When using ISDN you must set it up using the correct MMC. PM Sent.

2nd problem. 701 & 702 are analogue trunks, so you won't need to touch this as you have ISDN

It looks like your DDI's are not set up correctly. When this is the case the DDI will default to station group 500. If on an incoming call 'DID for 500' is displayed on the screen this is the fault.
Also you don't need to set up 701 to use 702 etc.
701 and 702 are for the 2 analogue lines on the backboard. your isdn lines are 703-706.
If you are an engineer, check your DDI programming as BT are possibly sending the wrong number of digits.

What happens we you call extension 203, does it follow the call fwd?

The No Answer Fwd timer is very important as the call will not forward until this timer expires.

Another thing you can try is instead of putting the trunk access code 9 put the truck number 706.

Always test that the extension is call fwding before testing the indial.

OP Offline
Thx for replies.

The main problem seems to be that it won't call forward even on an internal. The display is showing "FWD to external" on 203. When I call 203 from 202 it rings as normal and the display then shows "Call from 202".

What do I need to do to get this to work?

I've set Ext. Fwd delay to 1 second, but it's made no difference.

Once this is sorted out I can then address the indial issue. We have no DDI's, only one number which is the same on all channels. We have CLIP set up, and "DID for 500" shows when the incoming caller withholds their number. As far as I can see all extensions are currently in caller group 500. But I've set them all to divert to External, even the ones that aren't plugged in.

OP Offline
Oh, and I've changed the trunk access from 9 to 706 and that didn't make any difference either ....

Ok, You may not have DDI's but your main ISDN circuit number is an SNDDI.

If you have set your main number to ring xtn203 for day and night, and it is still ringing all phones, the fault lies in your ddi programming.
(I think you are setting your Trunk Ringing to xtn 203, This is for analogue lines only)

816's do not have the 'ICM EXT FWD' option. This means whether the call is internal or external it will follow the forward timer in 501.
I seem to remember an issue with external forwarding on some sw versions. What sw version are you on?

I will have a look through my old tech bulletins to see if I can find anything.

If incoming calls ring to a group, which in your case it sounds like 500 (the operator group) then the extn's in that group will ring but it will NOT follow any individual extn forward's because it is ringing the group. So therefore as others have said you need to program the DDi translation table as you have isdn and not POTS lines.

Samsung, Ericsson, NEC, Nortel Certified Installer
OP Offline
OK. Thanks everyone.

I had an invalid number in the DDI translation table which I've sorted and it's now working.

Using MMCxxx I've put our 6 digit number in DIGIT (01)and I've set it up for 500 Day and 203 Night.

I've programmed two buttons on 203 one for Day/Night and one for FRWD5. When I select both of these the external call forwarding works.

New issue.

How do you get it to work for internal calls? If I dial 203 from another extension it still rings even though FWD to External is selected.

It should just go. As I said in my previous post, there is no option to set internal call ext forward.
I do recall a sw issue about this but i'm unable to locate the bulletin.
What sw are you running?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024