web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

So many companies these days are jumping into VOIP phone systems like crazy(Cisco phones for example)

My question is: Is this really necessary?

Are there alternatives to VOIP phones that can give you the benefit of VOIP without actually having to have VOIP phones?

For example:

1. Can you have a traditional Samsung phone system and simple link it to other Samsung system via Samsung hardware?

2. Is there 3rd party VOIP interface devices that will allow you to link 2 system together via VOIP(without having to have actual voip phones) such as the company Multitech and ADTRAN ?

3.Arn't there VOIP phone servics that can intergrate into the Samsung C1 trunk card via some types of Interface device? I heard that XO have a VOIP product with many trunk lines available for large businesses.

If this is true, why is there such as push to change a voip phone system? There is no advantage making conference calls using VOIP since you are in the same office.

I guess it may save you on running an extra wire however if you are already wired for phone, why bother changing an existing phone system?

I would be interested in hearing some of your ideas. I just came from visiting a friend's office which they just change to Cisco phone system. ( My company has a Samsung system)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There are multiple ways to link systems using different manufacturers or Samsung only. The Big question is the level of Integration.
What does that mean?
Things like Station status across the link, centralized voicemail, direct dialing between stations on remote sites, Name display of the person calling at the remote site, ability to call forward between sites. The list goes on but the point is that if you go between different pieces of equipment there may be an interface and functionality but what is the level of integration.
Voip phones are not neccesary unless you need to have a phone on a remote site without a telecom server at that remote site. They are used for remote/Home office workers, Small offices etc.
You can use TDM /Digital phones and network between sites with Voip, you can also Network with TDM but it requires a dedicated circuit. If you use Samsung systems at both sites the Integration should work very well.
Using Voip phones on a single site is more expensive, It uses the IP network and can cause problems but people do it for a few reasons.
1. Moving a phone is easier, if there is a live network cable at a location where you want to move an existing extension then you simply unplug move and plug in. All the User information will follow the phone.
2. IP phones especially the Color displays from Samsung are Sexy and Cool. They are also Full duplex Speakerphones.
One of the bigger down sides is during a power failure.
The Voip systems will need to have more points of failure powered, All Switches and phones along the network.
Traditional systems are centrally powered so a Single battery backup will hold the entire system up including the phones.

What Model Samsung do you have at your office?
What would you like to do with it in the future?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (MooreTel, SSPhone, dans), 171 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024