Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
sgs7400 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ths s.o.l applys! How would Officeserv Call Or Operator help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Officeserv call you have the ability to set up station groups and monitor the status of each station. So your managers can see whats happening and manipulate calls as needed.

Operator can be used by the operator to monitor and manipulate calls and extensions.

There is no way to setup buttons for trunk groups on any system with a PRI. The calls fall into whichever port is a available at the time of the call. You will have to change to a T1 instead. I went through this with a customer that had multiple companies on the same switch and they wanted to be able to answer the calls using the company name based on the button it was ringing on.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
Make sure DSS DPU is on. Make a DS key for multiple virtual extensions. Set the virtual extensions to call forward all to an individual station group where the same virtual extension is the only member. Now when a call comes in touch the DS key of the virtual extension it will flash on all phones that have it and can be pickup up from only of them. It will stay there until the cows come home or you set the overflow timer to go to the next port. Only limitation is the number of station groups and virtual extension but you have plenty of both in the 7400.

FONEFXR has it correct. Make sure that ringback on transfer is off. What you are doing with his method is creating more virtual parks zones.

sgs7400 Offline OP
OP Offline
FONEFXR Are you saying that once the call is put on Hold it then can be pickup at any other station that has that ds key on it?

"Now when a call comes in touch the DS key of the virtual extension it will flash on all phones that have it and can be pickup up from only of them."

FONEFXR in you statement above did you mean to say "Any of them" or "only one of them". I have DSS dpu on now, and they can answer by the ds key, but when they put it on Hold it will not flash at the other stations. I have not tryed it with vitrual stns. I will try it today.

sgs7400 Offline OP
OP Offline
I tested using Virtual stns today. That did not work either. I had the 7digit number in did ringing go to 3501. 3501 is a ds-3501 key on my test stn 29xx and in 10x mmc the 3501 is fwd all to 50xx ( stngroup with only 3501 in it) When the call comes in it will not RING the stn. NO Audible, it does flash on ds-3501 key but no audible. But that does not matter, when you ANSWER the ds-3501 key the call is placed on the CALL key. NOW when you place the call on HOLD you cannot see it on the other stations to be able to pick it up. I ‘am already currently using DSS DPU that works fine, call come into the group and can be answered by pressing the DS key. BUT!!!!! Once the call is ANSWERED the call is on the CALL KEY.

I do hope SAMSUNG is working on this problem because more and more people will be cutting over to PRI. So they should come up with a fix. Sure would be nice if you once you place the call on HOLD from the call key you could see it flash and be able to pick it up from other stns that have the DS key on them. It looks like I will have to change from PRI to T1.

Yes I meant any of them. What the DS keys are intended for is once the call is answered to park it. This gives you many more virtual park zones to use beyond the system park zones 0 thru 9.

"Yea my tac support suggested that this am. However I have 5 different groups 29 stns between all 5 groups,with only 10 park positions that wont work for me at this customer. It might work for a small customer. "

Pardon my ignorance (number 11 here)

But what happens to the call while it's looping in transfer hell?. Example if I have 5 groups with 20 calls holding 100 calls are stuck in a loop. So the system resources can not be released until a call is picked up. Secondly I don't think it would be much different than having 20 buttons programmed per phone.

Just thinking out loud. wink

sgs7400 Offline OP
OP Offline
How do you Park it on a ds key?
I tried the virtual stn thing, the call ends up on the CALL key.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 126 guests, and 369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024