web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I need to create a set of programmable buttons to easily transfer calls to other extensions. I have setup DS buttons for each extension, but as all the phones are in a ring group they all flash along with the Call light .

Is there anyway of being able to transfer a call via programmable button without them flashing on an incoming call?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have read your post six times and I am still confused. Could you explain the problem a different way?

If you have a key programmed as a DS key with an extender for the correct extension, only that key should flash when a call is transferred to the extension.

Is there anyway of being able to transfer a call via programmable button without them flashing on an incoming call?
Turn DPU to off

Marc, I think the phones are all in the same ring group and DPU is set to on. They may have so many incoming calls that when they push a button while transfering they may be answering ringing calls. It may be because users are not transfering correctly. I would turn DPU to off and see what happens.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Have the same problem with a trucking company.Almost all phones ring and of course when a call rings into the group the DS keys light up.If they transfer a call with another call still ringing the group,the transferred call sits at the extension and does not ring even when the group calls have been answered.Eventually it recalls to the originating phone but it's annoying.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a way around it.

OP Offline
yes all the phones are in the same ring group and users are reporting that if there is an incoming call they are unable to transfer the call they have to an extension because all the lights are flashing

DPU sounds like a possible solution and I'll have go with that.

i had an issue where the call rings into the group, if the call is transferred to a extension while another call is ringing the group i would receive a busy signal, thus the call would do an immediate ring back to the person that transferred the call. Ended up having to turn on auto campon at each station to take care of this. Just a suggestion.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,096 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, justbill), 135 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024