web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
7030 w/ VM\MGI\SIP Lic has been running for a few months now. Just started on the VM\AA setup. After initializing the VM DB system will not complete boot up. Keyset just displays VER V2.2 2003 4.30 and clicks?? After reset procedure (reset for 10 secs after 10 sec boot) system still stuck on boot.

I finished Samsung Training on AA/VM, however it didn't cover much on the 7030 AA/VM, so learning from the tech manuals. Any ideas before burning some time with Tech Support? Thanks in advance for any help.

After 17 years of programming routers & network switches with Command Line Interface, it does take some time getting use to MMCs, although the IT tool is nice, just wish it had a cisco "sh run" feature. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes longer.

Old Network Guy and New Phone Guy, CLI=MMC?
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you load new software. Had this happen to me once. Had to recover system with boot recovery method. Might also be a power supply issue.

I had this happen to me as well once. Mine ended up being the files on the MMC card were corrupt.

OP Offline
I've been running the same software for several months. The problem started after using the Web Access to initialze the VM database. Afterwards, the system would not complete a boot, LEDs blink normal on boot, after a minute or so they just stay solid on RUN, LAN and MEM.

I can ping the system, however can not connect via Web or IT tool. I was really concerned when I tried to factor default procedure and nothing changed. I would suspect corrupt MMC\flash. How do you recover from that problem? I talked with Samsung support late afternoon and they were confused on the issue too. We are suppose to start again in the morning, so we'll see what happens.

Do you guys know of any good working examples for the 7030 AA/VM? Most of the online Samsung training seem to gear toward the 7100+ series and not the 7030. The tech manuals detail the blocks well, however they don't give any good working examples. I'm sure everyone just perfects their own techinque over time.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You should be able to use the example from the OS7100 for the OS7030 just with different extension numbers (eg 351 on OS7030 is 3501 on OS7100).

I would guess you either have file corruption or a psu issue

I've got the procedure from Samsung. You need a SIO cable and Lan cable connected to the system. SIO connects to pins on the motherboard right behind the trunk card slot. You also need the bin file. Last ver that came with this here is 4.30. PM me if you need the procedure to be mailed

OP Offline
Thanks Samtoria, you're the man!!! I modified the instructions a bit to include the current .pkg files. It took awhile, but the system is now resurrected.

could you guys please let me know the steps you took. I have an OfficeServ 100 but it seems that I have a similar issue. The system will not boot after I installed an SVMi-4 card.

On the MCP1 card the SP LED will stay lit all the time, possibly the firmware got corrupt somehow, so now the system won't boot.
What steps did you take to resurrect your system.

Thanks!

Documentation should be available from Samsung. Havened done this for a while on the OS100. The card has a sio port (3Pins) to connect to the card and load the boot ini file PM me if you want the procedure. Can get it from local Samsung.

Can someone send to me a PM with the files and the explanation about the procedure to recover a OS7030?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024