Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
dwflood Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried it, and the vm wouldn't run either. Had to apply a patch (new vmservice.exe). However it doesn't seem to be relevant. Isn't SMS related to text messaging and cell phones? Regardless, it won't work as there is nowhere to configure the password.

I had someone recommend I setup an SMTP server right on the voicemail and use it to send emails out, something like https://www.softstack.com/freesmtp.html

I'll try this and post the results next week...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
In Keyvoice terminology, SMS is the acronym they use for Single Message Store, as opposed to DMS (Dual Message Store).

Justin

Sorry it didn't work.. Was just a guess...
My understanding is that if the vm.cfg option is not recognized by your version, it will exit on boot. The version info should have been 12.1.6086.05 or greater (the .05 part). If you got the patch, did your get the ready service patch too? (I don't recall if that is required or not, but it should stop the ready folder from backing up if you pull the NIC cable on the machine or have bad email addresses in your MB configuration)

++++Examples of VM.CFG option.+++++++++

sms host friendly name = Voicemail (the friendly from name)
smshost email address = [email protected]
(actual email sender)

But Hey! what do I know smile

dwflood Offline OP
OP Offline
I installed an SMTP server on the voicemail PC, set to not require authentication. It works just fine via 'testSMTP' but still not working when you leave someone a voice message. They never get the email, and the \vm\ready folder is collecting files still.

I tried deleting contents of the ready folder and rebooting, no good.

I'm going back there tomorrow to fiddle around with it some more...

How do I get (or verify that I have) the ready service patch? I'm guessing I do not have it; on the occasions we have lost Internet access, the ready box fills up and users receive "empty" voicemail notifications.

Also, I located the specific error in vmstart.log; "Unknown option ([email protected]..." followed by "Error in configuration file". I'm using version 12.1.6086.1, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

dwflood Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally got this working. I had to change the SPTP host field in the mailboxes Email tab from the IP address of '127.0.0.1' to 'voicemail'. Not sure why it didn't like the loopback IP address, it worked with testSMTP.

This is the SMTP server I installed https://www.softstack.com/firstmailsrv.html . The customer just has to purchase the full-version for $69 or it quits working after 30-days.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,902 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024