web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CL3 is 300v insulation, CL2 is 150v. This is prohibited from being marked on the cable or reel per the NEC. You are not supposed to make the judgement as to what to use, rather you are supposed to look at the label listing on the power source which will tell you what wiring method to use- Class 1, CL3 or CL2.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Got it, thank you Hal!

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by vit:
You guys are phone techs. I dont expect for you to terminate more then 2 jacks at a time. Once again dont mean to disrespect.
But when did you guys do your last pp?
Well........if we are phone techs what are you?......your website says you do phones!

On top of that i would guess that many of our more experienced techs could run circles around your installs.....just look at your web site and the way you feed the CO lines into your Partner systems!!

vit is scoring high with the first impression.

-Ken in MD-
www.kyawacomm.com
I personally like the concept of only carrying one type of cable. But it's not as cost effective as some folks may believe. So I stock CMP and CMR, soon I will start stocking CMX if things keep going the way they are.

For the OP, several areas have adopted the CMP use only. It however is not a code issue, more along the lines of a local issue.

I would go ahead and run plenum. Up charge the customer but let them know why. If you have to re-bid then so be it. I don't think you want to go toe to toe with the EC or the inspector. I am not saying the EC is right, but you are going to want to make friends. Future work from the EC or GC or anyone is always a plus.

:thumb:

You guys are phone techs. I dont expect for you to terminate more then 2 jacks at a time. Once again dont mean to disrespect.
Really? You throw out an obvious insult and say "no disrespect"...
But when did you guys do your last pp?
As a "phone tech", and I think a typical one, I've installed more data cable than voice.

vit,
Have you ever walked into a biker bar and start insulting Harley-Davidson motorcycles? Seems like you might.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Yeah upstateny might just be a trunk slammer in disguise

OK guys, I think he got the message.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
@silversam:

I'm on the other side, hiring a company to help wire up our new office. The wires are all out in the open, no drop ceiling, so AFAIK, we can use PVC. (Which, for 10,000 feet of cable, does save us a lot of money!)

But I've got one bid from a contractor that says in NYC you've got to use plenum for everything. How do I know who's right?

Thanks for any help!

KLD Offline
welcome Defacto......Sam is not available for several days. You will get a quicker reply if you start another thread vs. tagging onto a month old one.

Now then, I don't know NYC code but just because the wire is in the "open" doesn't mean your wire isn't in a plenum space....therefore you may be required to use plenum cable.

Double check with your code enforcement people or just use plenum to be safe....

Good Luck.

Ken
---------
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024