Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KTZ Offline OP
OP Offline
So my question, after adapting my 5 hp shop vac to a smaller hose is, now that the hose inner diameter is so small it has reduced the suction by quite a bit. Is there still enough to bring that bow-tie and line all the way through a 3/4 inch conduit? When vacuuming these lines through do they need a lot of suction or is a little bit enough? Sorry, I haven't experimented yet.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It will still work. Yes, eventually the motor will get hot and possibly cut off, but that would be in a situation where you are doing this repeatedly. I assure you that when you have it right, the line will pull through in just a few seconds. It is like riding a bike. Once you have the equipment, you'll figure out how to tweak it to get the best performance.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I have used 2 shopvacs. One with the nozzle notched to allow a string to be passed thru it set to blow, and the one at the other end set up to vaccuum. The conduits we were dealing with were under slabs and has alot of water in them, and one vac just wasn't quite enough.

In my experiences, a shop vac / baggie combo works well when there is preexisting cable. the greenlee product is the best solution i have used to date. if you purchase the accessory box you get all types of reducers and fitting to match the pipe. the most useful feature on the greenlee is the little hole you can feed the string through so you dont have to create a void in your seal when blowing. The accesooy pack also includes a felexable attachment that you can use inside of a station outlet box. greenlee cat #'s 390, 618.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill
A 1000 ft run of something as small as 3/4 is a hell of a run! There should be some pull boxes in there some place.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
My thoughts too Hal.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally posted by hbiss:
A 1000 ft run of something as small as 3/4 is a hell of a run! There should be some pull boxes in there some place.

-Hal
Well code says no more then 100' between pull boxes (and no more then 360 degrees of bends) - but we all know that only applies to electrical work. I've had electrical contractors install hundreds and hundreds of feet of continuous conduit for telephone "because the code doesn't cover telephone".

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
KTZ Offline OP
OP Offline
The runs are for security/access control, and go from perimeter areas to central where it empties into a tray. The majority of the runs are no more than 100 feet. I guess I was being too liberal in saying a thousand.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024