Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
If you need to setup a paging system on a C.O. port (due to need for talk-back, or for other reason), we should be able to designate that line as being for an auxilliary purpose. Currently, in order to access that line, the port has to be in a line group, and your station must be given access to that line group. The problem comes when you press Redial. The system uses the highest available C.O. port, which ends up grabbing the C.O. port being used for paging (assuming you used the next or last available C.O. port for this connection). The only current work-around is to install the paging on C.O. port 1, to minimize (not eliminate) this possibility. Some customers don't like having their Line 1 being on "Line 2". Sure you can rename the lines but then you start affecting how inbound Caller ID displays.

Some of the things mentioned in THIS thread bring up the same problem.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I typically don't use the "7" line groups. Most installs I do I list 9 for local, 8 or for long distance and the 7's for other features such as paging (If for some reason I cannot use the paging port)

However, I do agree it would be nice to be able to pull a certain CO line out of a line group.

OP Offline
Well even using the 7 groups doesn't correct this issue, unless I'm missing something.

Wait a minute. Now that you mention that, I do remember ESI giving me a work-around that involved using the ARS table. I'll go back and see if I can find the details.

Found it. I never ended up trying it, but it sounds like it would work. Still, I don't see this as a fix, but merely a work-around (which is what they called it...a "work-around").

Here it is:

a work around for that when it comes to paging ports.

Enable ARS, then build 2 tables
Table # 3 chose the line group number you assigned to the page port then enter under the definition 99
Table # 4 chose LG 9 and in it enter 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X, 7X, 8X, 9X, and 0X

Since there are no area codes that start with 99 program them a speed dial key that dials 999, it will always grab the page line.

Anthing else they dial including using the redial key, esi-dex or CID will go out the CO lines always.

This will allow you to put the page port in any CO line position

Remember though you still have to give all the extensions access to both Line Groups

I think this only has to do with the older systems. Pre C, S, E, X, 600, etc...

When you redial, it should dial out of the same line group the original call went out on. Example would be two companies sharing one ESI system. Company A uses LG 9 and company B uses LG 8. Each company shares one receptionist at ext 100. Ext 100 is the only ext 100 is allowed access to LG 9 and 8.

Ext 100 presses 8+ out dial number, hits redial and it should go out over the same line group wether it be 8 or 9.

OP Offline
I can think of 2 systems where we've run into this problem. One was an E-Class. The other was either an S-Class or an E-Class.

OP Offline
An enhancement to my enhancement idea:

Rather than defining a C.O. port as "Aux", since ESI is all into fixed features, why not make the Page Port a "fixed" Aux port, that supports DTMF and 2-way audio. It would basically be the same as a C.O. port, but it would be specifically for paging applications, would program into page groups the same way, and would allow you to have the C.O. Port page WITH your speakerphone page. I would consider that a pretty big advantage, if it were doable.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,818 Shoretel
188,977 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024