web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#464702 09/19/08 11:50 AM
OP Offline
Does anyone know the distance limitations of the headset output on a 48 button phone? Long story but the end result is needing to be a cord plugged from teh headset jack to a data wallplate, set upstair to a patch panel. From there I have a patch cable coming out of the port and into a junction box. There it is spliced with the transformer from the conference phone and a different patch cord, essentially splicing and making power on the patch cord as well as the voice. From this point, still with me guys cause i'm lost, i take the newly created patch cord and plug into any of the remaining patch panel ports to send the voice to anyplace in the office...supposedly. On the far end is a Konftel 60W conference phone. My first fear was the 12 volts DC wouldn't travel that far but it did. Everything worked the oh 125 foot or so. I could dial and send the call to the headset and boom! the call is ringing on the conference phone. i can hear the call but i can't talk back to the other person. I have went over many other solutions with this person but he will not accept any other solution. I could walk from this situation but then I would be unemployed since I am doing this crazy thing for my BOSS!!!!! Just throwin this out there. Thanks...Mike

Mike Peck
Seacom Inc.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#464703 09/19/08 12:32 PM
I'm sure the published specs, if there are any, would be like 10 feet. Your biggest concern with the cable would be capacitance, which is going to be significant as far as the mic is concerned. A handset/headset mic input is just not meant to pick up a signal through a cable that length. Remember a microphone puts out a signal in the thousandths of volts.

You will need a preamp and matching transformer of some sort. Maybe someone else knows of sources?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#464704 09/20/08 01:50 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Brian I figured as much. Just a mind bender and the Boss man didn't want to hear my thoughts his mind was just set on this working the way he visioned it..

Mike Peck
Seacom Inc.
#464705 09/22/08 01:14 AM
OP Offline
I have figured this out. seems the headset jack uses all 4 pins and that was my only problem. So, spent 9 hours on a 2 minute solution. Thanks everyone..

Mike Peck
Seacom Inc.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024