web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I recently setup a Facebook marketing campaign part of which directs viewers to our Fbook page, https://www.facebook.com/atcomsystems on a pay-per-click basis (about $0.50 per click).

Within a week or two I have about 80 people who have clicked "Like" on our page. Problem is, they are literally ALL from from random people such as Babas BergeronJean-sébastien Bergeron who live nowhere close to here and like as many as 10,000 Facebook Pages frown

It almost seems as if Facebook is running a scam where they pay kids to click on and "Like" as many Fbook Ads as they can. Booo!

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I betcha those are just robots clicking through your page in hopes you will like their page and see what they are trying to sell.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
To tell you the truth, I just noticed the "Sponsored" ads on my FB page. I can't find any setting anywhere to get rid of these, so I "Hide" each and every one.

Sorry, but I consider it as spam. No offense Bill, but when I'm "socializing" on FB, I don't want to see ads from anyone.

In your situation, it wouldn't surprise me that Facebook is behind it. I don't trust them at all.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
None taken Dave! I don't believe that Facebook advertising makes sense for businesses like us anyway, maybe works better for those who are selling retail products like Snapple or Old Dutch.

I just thought I'd give it a try since "Social Media Marketing" is all you hear in the advertising world these days...

Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Anything's worth a try. Just look at how many ways and how much money we've all tried to advertise with zip for results.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Hi This might be a silly question but what does it mean to Like Someone or Business. I deleted my face book account, dont trust it.

I recently setup a Facebook marketing campaign part of which directs viewers to our Fbook page on a pay-per-click basis (about $0.50 per click).

Are you saying that you pay $0.50 each time a viewer clicks through to your page?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
This kind of business 'telecom' just isn't a good match for social networks..What works are business social in nature...like a bar or a lounge, a place where people meet socially. You'd be better off paying for clicks on Google only (not it's network) for people who are searching for your type of business...or hire someone to get you up in the natural results...ya know the free clicks.

This kind of business 'telecom' just isn't a good match for social networks..

I've been saying that for some time now and you're the first to agree with me.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I agree, social marketing is nearly useless to us. Google adwords provides results, and native SEO is even better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024