web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zulga Offline OP
OP Offline
I have set up a regular hunt group with three stations. When all three stations are busy/unavailable I would like the hunt group to overflow to the attendant.

Although the hunt group works fine, when are the stations are busy the response to dialing the hunt group (access number 74) is "invalid 74"

This hunt group will be called exclusively from the following context/process:

1. Call comes in our PRI and is routed to an auto attendant via DNIS (# - 102)

2. User presses 0 to speak with a human

3. Voicemail attempts a transfer to 74 (the access number for the hunt group)

It is at this point that I would like call to traverse the hunt group and finally terminate at the attendant as a last resort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

IWATSU ADIX 6.x

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Look at changing the hunt group to a UCD group with UCD overflow. Can anyone confirm if UCD overflow is available in ADIX 6.x?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

zulga Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried the UCD option without setting an overflow and had the following results.

For this test the hunt group has only one extension.

1. If the extension was in use on a call, the incoming call to the hunt group rang the extension as a second call was the caller was on hold. The extension rang for over 3 minutes before I hung up.

2. If the extension was on DND, the incoming call was transferred back to voice mail with a Consultation code.

I do have the option of setting a UCD overflow group, but I am not sure how that will help. Would I send that to a group with just the attendant in it? If the attendant has forwarded her phone to another extension (like during lunch) wouldn't the extension be skipped and then where would the call go.

I think what is really bothering me is this from the ADIX programming guide for Class 8 Item 2. Line for says that I should not have to do anything special to get to the attendant.

<QUOTE>

Class 08 Item 02 - Hunt Group - Station is used to define the stations that belong to each master hunt group and the order which they will be called. Up to thirty-two stations can be registered in one group. Stations belonging to a hunt group are passed over when the following conditions exist:

1. The station is busy.

2. While receiving calls with higher priority.

3. When in the following modes:

n Call Forward - All Calls

n DND

n Absence Message is activated

n Station Forced Release

n The incoming line is pick-up restricted

4. If all the stations in a hunt group are in DND, the call is automatically routed to the attendant.

5. If all the stations in a hunt group are busy and attendant intercept is not set for the trunk, the call rings (or waits to ring) at the first station in order of the hunt group.

6. If off-hook signaling is enabled, a call will ring with a local tone if the station is busy.

</QUOTE>

Do you have the attendant station defined in 4.55 by port?

What do your CFWD N/A and Attendant DIL Intercept timers look like?

The UCD overflow does just what it says; when the timer is up, or all stations are busy, it overflows to the group number you have entered. In your case this creates another set of issues since there is no second overflow for the ADIX (there is on ECS version 4.x and above), so that call will never go to voicemail, but continue to RNA.

However, just an idea depending on what you are using for voicemail... if you overflow your call group to VM and configure its mailbox to allow key presses, you can set it up with a "comfort message" that gives options to leave a message, dial 0 for the Operator, or to ring the group again.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

zulga Offline OP
OP Offline
The attendant station is defined in 4.55 as port 1 (it even resolves to the correct extension number when I press the mode button)

The CFWD N/A in Section 4 is set to 16
The Attendant DIL is set to 60

However, I don't believe the DIL is being triggered during UCD based on the fact that I had a call camped on for over 180 seconds during testing.

Please note, in this case the calls are coming from voicemail and I really need to get them to a person.

As I mentioned above, if all of the extensions are DND, the hunt group bounces back to the voicemail system. I may be able to handle that by having the VM (asterisk) transfer the call to the operator. It is a bit weird, but I think it would work.

Unfortunately, if an extension is in use, calls are camping onto the phone regardless of the fact that it is in use. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Thanks for your help so far. I do appreciate it!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The most important setting for UCD groups is Class 4.71.5- this sets the overflow timer in 5 second increments. If you haven't changed this, the calls will never overflow anywhere.

You must assign a group as an overflow destination. If you assign the attendant as the sole member it will overflow just fine unless the attendant is in DND or has forwarded the call as forwarded/DND stations are not recognized by ANY hunt group, UCD or normal.

If you designate your normal hunt group as 'Terminal', incoming calls will always try to ring the first listed station first, then the next and so on until the call is answered. The next incoming call will once again try to start with the first station, then the next, so if the attendant is programmed as the last station, incoming calls will have had to have passed by the other busy/ not answered station every time.
Once again, though, if the attendant is in DND or forwarded, the hunt group will not even try to ring that station.

Check Class 7.2 to verify your hunt group access number. If you get 'invalid' in the display, the access number is not correct, or a numbering issue exists. Run the Numbering check in the programmer (Tools>Database Numbering) to verify it as a legit access code. Also, be sure your voicemail ports are set to allow unscreened transfers (10.17) and to allow busy camp-on (10.72.2). This will allow the call to go directly to the attendant if the other stations are in DND instead of ringing back to the voicemail.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
zulga Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the heads up on the 4.71.5. I had missed that one.

As far as the invalid code is concerned, the access number (74 at this time) works in the case where any phone in the hunt group is available, but not when they are all on DND. Does this still indicate a numbering problem? I am using the dos version of the 6.x interface software so I am not sure how to check from numbering problems.

Thanks again. I think I am getting closer to finding a solution!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Activating Busy Camp-On for your voicemail ports should clear the 'invalid' problem for you.

I'm a gray-beard on this stuff and rather prefer the DOS programmer myself...

There is a program bundled with the DOS programmer called chkxu.exe (where x = the version of the programmer software. In this case I think it's a 9, kinda like rpc9u, etc..) Run this using your database filename and it will point out any numbering issues you have. It will always show a bunch of warnings concerning missing logical numbers. You can pretty much disregard these, but worry about anything listed as an error. It will show the numbers in question and the Class(es) involved.

Edited fer speling errrors

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
zulga Offline OP
OP Offline
I did check the numbering plan and found nothing of consequence. Thanks for the procedure in case I need it in the future.

I still can not get past this invalid response to dialing the hunt group access number when all of the stations are on DND. I verified that 10.71.2 STL CampOn Busy was enabled for the voicemail ports. I also tested it by calling our back door access number and entering my own extension. The call rang to my "in use" phone without any trouble

Note: I am seeing the invalid message on my two line display (non SLT) digital telephone set. I don't think 10.71.2 would affect this operation anyway. I just happen to get the same behavior when using a voicemail port.

I have a work around: Since the "invalid" response to dialing the hunt group access number is a busy signal on an SLT, I will allow the call to recall back to voicemail as a consultation and send the call to the attendant from there. It is a bit kludgy, but I think it will work.

However, If the invalid is a result a poor programming choice, I would love to know it.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Check your setting for 10.71.3

It should be set to enable for voice mail ports. This allows a number of things for voice mail ports but is normally disabled for normal analog ports because it tends to set up unwanted conferences to ports not designated as VM/AA.

Just to be sure we're all on the same page here, ADIX 6.what?

Lots of goofy things were introduced between 6.0 and 6.4. It may help to rule out some things that may or may not work for your particular flavor of software.

Another quick question- is your voice mail performing a supervised or un-supervised transfer to the hunt group?

[Edited by JBean]

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024