web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello from a new user.

I would like to know how to change the recorded message when we are away from the office. I have tried spkr 7000 # 3 user options 2 mailbox greeting 2 record 1 select...nothing seems to be changing the message. Is it possible that this message cannot be changed without the folks that installed the system and some sort of software card?

No clue here.

But, thanks to anyone that replies.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Welcome to the Board!

The greetings that play are stored in a different mailbox from the one you use with your extension.

By default, this is mailbox 905 for after hours, 900 for regular business hours; your installer may have used something different.

Try logging into either of those mailboxes, and choose the option to listen to a recorded message in mailbox greeting management to verify if it is the greeting you want to change.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Thank you JBean, however neither of those work to get into the system. The installer is long gone and so is the software.

So far I cannot get to the general greeting message to change it.

Any other ideas?

OP Offline
Another reply, I see on the back of the manual there is day 900, night 905 and holiday 975 how do I get to those mailboxes? Thanks for holding my hand with this

OP Offline
ok one more thing, I can't access the System Management Menu which is option 4 from the front desk or administrators phone...that being said maybe I need a tech? Thanks

Dial into your VM system... when you hear the greeting start, press the # (pound) key. You will then be prompted for a mailbox number. Dial 900.

Now... if there is a password for mailbox 900, you (or a tech) will have to figure out which mailbox has admin privleges.

OP Offline
Cannot access the 900 series at all. 905 just sends me to an extension.
Thanks

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Did you hit the # (pound) key prior to entering the 900 mailbox?

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago!!! www.wiilcom.com
Hello Board,

I am having trouble with my general mailbox message. I am unable to change the greeting. I have tried the options you have already posted. I have tried # 900 and # 905 but it just takes me back to my first extension. Any more suggestions to try? I am completely lost and unable to get old employees names off the general mailbox greeting that plays during night. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024